`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged card delivered by USPS

Damaged card delivered by USPS
So I received some cards today that I have been waiting on. When I opened the box I was very surprised to see one of the better cards severally damaged. Especially since there was no visible sign of damage on the box they came in. I do not believe the trader sent me a damaged card, what I do think happened is the USPS damaged the box or envelope they were sent in and damaged the card then repackaged them.
I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem? I have been trading for a few years now and this is the first damaged card I have received so I do feel lucky in a way but I do feel if they damaged my card shouldn't they have put a letter saying sorry or something? Also what is my next course of action? Do I just count this as a loss or do I attempt to contact the post office to see if they will reimburse me for the card?

Here are a few pics of the damage.....
[Image: 2014-04-26184454_zps7315600f.jpg]
[Image: 2014-04-26184605_zps3239647e.jpg]
[Image: 2014-04-26184746_zpsb6235516.jpg]
[Image: 2014-04-26184713_zpsdf055170.jpg]
[Image: 2014-04-26184403_zps455f0ee0.jpg]

And the box it was delivered in.
[Image: 2014-04-26184338_zps4f38eb1a.jpg]
[Image: 20140426_184332_zpsda9f3d1a.jpg]

I will add that there was 12 cards all together and this is the only one damaged. It was on the outside of the other cards, and some of the cards are in another smaller box to protect them. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

RE: Damaged card delivered by USPS
I have not seen shipping damage like that in quite a long time. I do see that the cards were shipped as 'Priority Mail'. That means that there is a free $50 insurance on it. I would take the cards, the box, and all packaging to the PO and see what they offer to do. At the very least, you should be paid for their mis-handling of the package.
However, I don't think the USPS is in the business of re-packaging damaged shipments. I will talk to my Mom about this tomorrow. She has been a mailcarrier for over 25 years and is a Rural Letter Carriers Union Steward. She knows just about everything there is to know about the USPS. We have a family gathering at 2pm, so I can see what she says about it and LYK afterwards.
The more I look at this, the more I feel that this is on the seller.
It looks to me that the seller received the card from someone else who did not package it securely. It got damaged in cheap shipping and the seller is trying to pass it off as if it was damaged on the way to you. The boxes look too clean and undamaged for nothing else in them to be damaged, yet that case is shattered! It REALLY looks like someone sent that Kahne card in a Snap-tite case in a PWE and as it went through the machines that work with PWE's. Those machines curve letters through them and on to the next one. The machine shattered it and the card was damaged. The seller then tried to pass it off as 'damaged in transit' to you.
Just posting some intelligent possibilities on what happened here.

This is wierd. From what i can tell the return address is jack erskine. That means imho that he is not tryign to pass off anything. He has never done anything like that [that i know of[ his a great trader/seller. The box doesnt look damaged though. SO maybe this is what happened. The card was sitting up right where top and bottom touched the top and bottom of the box. A 70 lb flat rate box landed just perfectly on top of the box which sent enough shock to the plastic holder to snap the crap out of it.THUS not damaging the box but indeed breaking the case. I do not understand how the insurance works at the usps. I work in the registery section so never deal with it.
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

Good point, Michael. Didn't think about that and didn't look at who sent it. I am sure Jack would never try to screw someone. I have dealt with him many times and he is a great trader.

I would definitely go to the PO and claim the insurance on it. It won't replace the card, but should be enough to get another one.

I don't believe he tried to pass of a damaged card either, I stated that in my original post. Its crazy that the box had no damage and the card was so messed up. Like I said this is the first damaged card I have received so wasn't sure what to do about it. I may try to see what the USPS will do.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]