`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 In The Game Past Present Future Case Break

2014 In The Game Past Present Future Case Break
I was excited to break this product as ITG Stickworks in Hockey was so value packed. My initial reaction:

1. Love the innovative autograph insert vs. current "sticker" trend
2. Patches are HUGE (2 out of 10 box case)
3. Vintage Buy Back PSA RCs are always fun/cool to hit
4. Very Prospect Heavy Product (Not many "Present" players...a few decent "Past" though)

I think if they included "less" prospect autos per box....say 2 and instead spent those resources on impoving the Buy-Backs then it would be a better product. You can find my full product review here:

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/2014-in-th...ct-review/

photo IMG_1211_zps3bea0800.jpg

photo IMG_1201_zps5af1a021.jpg

photo IMG_1198_zps2e02f129.jpg
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

RE: 2014 In The Game Past Present Future Case Break
if itg could get nhl and mlb licenses they would imo be the best card company out there. always innovative, attention to detail, and the only company i trust to use actually game used material that is game used by the player on the card and not the ball boy. at least with hockey, they do a good job of making the cards look normal without an nhl license, however, i do not like their baseball product bc they can't hide it as well. their baseball product really reminds me of leaf with the buyback autos that are ip autos unfortunately, and the sketch cards are like leaf as well. i agree with you that the sketch cards seem odd, and the only ones i would like would be if donruss put original sketch diamond kings cards done by dick perez bc lets be honest, everybody loved those things in the 80's and 90's. a dick perez 1/1 sketch would be a crown jewel to me. but props to itg for the auto checklist, gotta love a yount, henderson, and mr. october auto. nice break

(04-25-2014, 04:01 PM)barrassohof35 Wrote: if itg could get nhl and mlb licenses they would imo be the best card company out there. always innovative, attention to detail, and the only company i trust to use actually game used material that is game used by the player on the card and not the ball boy. at least with hockey, they do a good job of making the cards look normal without an nhl license, however, i do not like their baseball product bc they can't hide it as well.
I agree with everything you said. I LOVED ITG Stickworks...GREAT product. This one was just too prospect heavy for me...I need Wikipedia set up to figure out which prospects are any good!

yeah, it's the same way with heroes and prospects, and especially between the pipes, i feel that they are trying too hard to have a large checklist and substitute quantity for quality. while i haven't seen the baseball checklist for this product, i know their last attempt at baseball left a lot to be desired. you either hit home runs with myers, trout, machado or hit a pop up bunt in 9th with bases loaded like i did pulling cam greathouse, thomas neal, and bobby borchering.

Sick Snider patch
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(04-25-2014, 05:29 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Sick Snider patch
Thanks! I think that is the only card from the case break I will be keeping for my PC.

Yeah, that. Duke Snider patch is awesome, but a little photo-headshot would be perfect.
Congrats! ITG's Heroes & Prospects became a big favorite of mine. Non-licensed products have a certain charm to them. Logos would be fine, but I'm not hung up on it.
What did the case of PP&F set you back, if you don't mind me asking?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-26-2014, 08:30 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, that. Duke Snider patch is awesome, but a little photo-headshot would be perfect.
Congrats! ITG's Heroes & Prospects became a big favorite of mine. Non-licensed products have a certain charm to them. Logos would be fine, but I'm not hung up on it.
What did the case of PP&F set you back, if you don't mind me asking?
The case cost me about $1400 - but I made a judgement after ITG Stickworks was so loaded....and the sale sheet highlighted a lot more older graded vintage RC cards. So I expected some PSA 1, 2, 3's of key RC's but the oldest card I got was the 1969 Craig Nettles which was PSA 9 (MC).

So unfortunately I think this one is going to hurt a bit!

But alas...I love the gamble so you have to pay the costs too!