`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye for now, my friends ...

Goodbye for now, my friends ...
Hey guys, effective tomorrow I am leaving my job, as I am being downsized with a severance package.

(Do not worry, this is actually a very good thing. Well, should be or will be eventually.)

Sooooo ... since I do the majority of my Beckettness while I'm at work, I will be taking a (hopefully short) break from trading, posting, etc.

I have sent a couple of PMs out to members I have pending trades with, and the only other one I had completed I just sent out, so I'm trying to wrap up loose ends tonight.

If it's longer than a short break, then, well, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me with all the trades, witty banter and what not.

I'll be here tonight, and then I'll talk to you when I talk to you.

Later! RJ

RE: Goodbye for now, my friends ...
It always sucks to see the good people leave the site, RJ. Hopefully your "sabbatical" is a short one!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(04-24-2014, 07:10 PM)aprirr Wrote: It always sucks to see the good people leave the site, RJ. Hopefully your "sabbatical" is a short one!
Mostly my problem is the only reliable computer I have at home is an iPad, and my fudgy fingers have a hard time working it, LOL.

Plus, I should go ahead and devote the majority of my time to finding another job.

But I tell you what ... I WILL return and you and I WILL trade again, my friend ... it's been far too long!

Good luck in the meantime to you and Bella, and may all the great Lucroys land in your packs!

Thanks, man! Hope to see you on these boards again very soon!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Good luck on the job hunt, hope its a short search

FYI they make keyboards for the iPad but it doesn't help how unbearable searching orgs is on a tablet

(04-24-2014, 09:12 PM)rentzington Wrote: Good luck on the job hunt, hope its a short search

FYI they make keyboards for the iPad but it doesn't help how unbearable searching orgs is on a tablet
And I don't think we have a top-line one, either ... so lots of time searching at my parents' house and the library, can't wait!

Taking my gold trout and running huh Wink. Sorry to see you go my friend. Hope it all works out for you and you are back sooner rather than later!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(04-24-2014, 10:09 PM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: Taking my gold trout and running huh Wink. Sorry to see you go my friend. Hope it all works out for you and you are back sooner rather than later!
Actually, all kidding aside, being able to step away from the cards for a bit made my decision easier to accept the severance ...

My position was dissolved, but I had the "opportunity" to re-apply for a VERY similar "new" job in which I would basically be doing as much or more work with fewer staff members and also have to accept a pay cut.

After several years of pay freezes, staff reductions and increased workload, this was finally the time I decided I have had enough.

I have traded for some pretty awesome Trouts in the last few weeks — gold refractor included! — and was like, you know, I'm in a good place right now with the cards, and I'm tired of being miserable at work.

This way, the three other guys in my department get to keep the three remaining jobs, and I can move on in my life.

Scary? Hell yeah. But I have an unshakeable belief in myself and know that in my heart this is the best thing to do.

Soooo ... here I am.

But I WILL be back, my good man!

Good luck job hunting, RJ!
Hope you are back 'up and running' ASAP.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-25-2014, 01:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Good luck job hunting, RJ!
Hope you are back 'up and running' ASAP.
Thanks Doc ... and my goal is to ACTUALLY complete a trade with you when I get back!

I still want that PSA 9 Topps Finest Piazza!