`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to Collecting

Returning to Collecting
After a 20 year break from collecting, I have been bit by the bug again. I found a LCS about a mile from my house and thought I'd just go to check it out. Well 2 trips and $50 later, I'd say I'm hooked again. So crazy how the hobby has changed and there are so many relics and signatures.

RE: Returning to Collecting
Welcome back

INDEED, the hobby has changed a lot
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

It's so easy to blow away your wallet. Be sure to know what you want to collect. What are your past focus and what did you got in past two days?

My past PC were Ken Griffey, Jr and Cal Ripken, Jr. I'm now interested in David Price. Past few days I bought a few '14 Gypsy Queen and got a blue framed Nolan Ryan and an AU Matt Magill, nothing spectacular but very cool to me. Also bought a few clearance packs of 2009 Upper Deck and got a Pujols Triple Relic.

Hobby can be great if you keep it in check and take it slow.

Don't feel like you have to buy what everyone else is, especially if that's an extensive product.

And the Matt magill autos of the world are very very prevalent in all boxes, even pricey ones, so definitely don't ignore buying singles of cards and players you like.

Welcome back to the hobby .... I just started collecting again last year around this time....

Check my photobucket link below for collecting ideas Wink
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Welcome to the hobby and the site. Look forward to trading with you.

Welcome back. Great products at the time, but vintage is always a great option.

Welcome back. Like you I had a 20 year lay-off and just started back in around Christmas. As stated above, find what you like and what makes you happy. There are many different collectors on the boards here and each has their own types of collections. For me I started back in by busting boxes and set building, but found that for me it is much more rewarding to pick and choose the cards of PC players I had been building 20 years ago. There is no shortage of cards that have been printed for those players in the 20 years that I was away, so I have plenty of cards to persue. Best of luck in whatever road you choose.
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=