`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013-14 Panini Intrigue Basketball 2 Box Break - Kyrie Irving Gold!

RE: 2013-14 Panini Intrigue Basketball 2 Box Break - Kyrie Irving Gold!
Awesome adidas tag.

(05-04-2014, 05:59 PM)home plate 1989 Wrote: I personally feel like manufactures have killed a lot of Personal collectors out there. There are SUPER COLLECTORS but as an example in the 80's/90's I collected Eric Davis...and I had a reasonable opportunity of buying one of every card he had created.

With the invention of low serial numbers and a myriad of colors it makes PC attempts extremely difficult and only left to those with a significant bankroll.

In the case of the Kyrie Irving Gold /10, I believe Intrigue created 5 versions of that card....so if you wanted to collect all the Kyrie Irving golds you would need to get five of them even at $20 each that is $100 for a modern card with no game used or autograph....multiply that by the number of products being produced....that is a steep hill.
You wish it was just 5...but no, it's 20. They made 20 Gold /10's. 10 of each, normal and die-cut. It means there are tons of Gold 'hits' in every case, but completely destroys the value of them. And 20 Platinum 1/1s.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

(05-05-2014, 07:57 AM)carrollm09 Wrote: You wish it was just 5...but no, it's 20. They made 20 Gold /10's. 10 of each, normal and die-cut. It means there are tons of Gold 'hits' in every case, but completely destroys the value of them. And 20 Platinum 1/1s.
In many ways it brings a certain "charm" to vintage cards.....you can pick a Hall of Famer and as a real goal pursue every single card produced without having to take out a second mortgage or rent a storage locker to house them all!

For my latest PC player I am just pursuing his Autographed & Game Used cards. This go around I am ignoring the majority of base/parallel products (unless it has a cool/unique picture or slant to the card).
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]