`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 2014 TM Hobby box
04-22-2014, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2014 09:49 PM by spazmatastic.)
My 2014 TM Hobby box
I finally got a box and it was AWESOME! At least for me (and Jason?). Three of the 5 'hits' are PC and the other 2 will go to Jason if he needs/wants them. Here is the list and then the scans.

Base cards:

Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch (PC), Dale Jr. (PC), Edwards, Kenseth, Keselowski, Labonte, Logano, Mark Martin (PC), JMac, Mears, Menard, Newman, Danica (PC), Ragan, Stenhouse, Stewart, Truex Jr., Vickers

Base Gold parallels:

Kasey Kahne #'d 056/175 (PC)
Jeb Burton #'d 089/175 (FT/FS)

Base Holofoil parallels:

Dale Jr. #'d 09/99 (PC - but could be traded or sold for the right offer)
Denny Hamlin #'d 04/99 (FT/FS)

Acceleration inserts:

Tony Stewart (FT/FS)
Jimmie Johnson (PC)
Dale Jr. (PC - again, could be available for the right offer)
Danica (PC)

HOF Plaques:

Tim Flock, Maurice Petty, Fireball Roberts
David Pearson Holofoil (holding on to this one for now)

Now for the goodies! Here are the two I pulled for Mikarlo if he needs/wants them. If he doesn't, they are both FT/FS.

JMac Gold Dual RU #'d 139/150
Bowyer Blue Triple RU #'d 01/99 ! (I like #1's)

[Image: 2014TMRUJMac-Bowyer.jpg]

These two are for my PC (kind of).

Mark Martin Gold Dual RU (4-color SM) #'d 011/150 (PC)
Dale Jr. Blue Triple RU #'d 06/99 - TRADED

[Image: 2014TMRUMM-DEJr.jpg]

FINALLY -- THE BIG PULL! It is almost exactly what I was hoping to pull. Not one of the drivers I was REALLY wanting, but it is PC.

MY FIRST BOOKLET: (#'d 06/10)

[Image: 2014TMAmbroseSigColl.jpg]

Also, the black dot on the booklet is from my scanner - not on the card.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: My 2014 TM Hobby box
Been waiting all night to see these, lol... And it was worth it! Well done, Adam! Very well done. That 4 color SM on the Martin is awesome! And I'm very happy that you not only pulled a booklet, but that it's PC! Can't ask better for that...all five hits have a home right out of the box, lol!

Nice little run for your PCs here these past couple weeks...JJ, Ozzie, Martin, Ambrose. I've been watching a lot of "Vikings" lately (Great Show!) and with my best Floki impersonation, I say "The card gods have been smiling upon you lately." Tongue

COLLECTING: All StL Cardinals -- R. Howard, L. Harrell, B. DeWitt, B. Ziegler -- NASCAR: R. Wallace, J. McMurray, C. Bowyer, Dillon Bros, D. Pearson -- Political Cards & Inserts -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- SA Spurs: D. Robinson, T. Duncan, K. Leonard
04-23-2014, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 02:12 AM by spazmatastic.)
Thanks Jason. I was happy from the 1st pack to the end. I decided to open pack #3 first and... it was the booklet. #4 was next and had the Dale Jr. in it. The last pack I opened was #1 and the Martin was in that one.
On top of all that, I had 2 blasters of 2011 Stealth that I bought for $2.95 each. I pulled mostly the same cards from the second box that I got in the first box UNTIL I got to the last card - a US Military insert of the Navy. The last card in the first box was a US Military insert of the Coast Guard. Those book at $12 EACH! Plus I pulled a Jen Jo Cobb RC from both boxes (I already had one, but still). I pulled one 'In-Flight Report' of Kyle Busch (already had one though) and a 'Supersonic' of Jeff Burton's CAT car. The rest was all base cards. Not too bad from 8 retail packs though.
Oh yeah, I also have another Trevor Bayne TM card on the way and another JJ 2009 PP Holofoil for my rainbow. Wow, I gotta stop spending so much on cards! Big Grin

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
04-23-2014, 02:19 AM
Don't ya just love those days when you know you've got a few boxes to open? Sounds like you had a good time and that's what it's mostly about.

Glad to hear you picked up another for the '09 JJ rainbow! Any more of them completed yet? Oh, and once you figure out the secret on not spending so much on cards...please let your buddy in on it! Please! lol

COLLECTING: All StL Cardinals -- R. Howard, L. Harrell, B. DeWitt, B. Ziegler -- NASCAR: R. Wallace, J. McMurray, C. Bowyer, Dillon Bros, D. Pearson -- Political Cards & Inserts -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- SA Spurs: D. Robinson, T. Duncan, K. Leonard
04-23-2014, 02:52 AM
(04-23-2014 02:19 AM)Mikarlo Wrote:  Don't ya just love those days when you know you've got a few boxes to open? Sounds like you had a good time and that's what it's mostly about.

Glad to hear you picked up another for the '09 JJ rainbow! Any more of them completed yet? Oh, and once you figure out the secret on not spending so much on cards...please let your buddy in on it! Please! lol

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin The only secret I know is to just stay away from a couple of sites OR to be so cash-strapped that you know you will miss meals if you buy anything else!!! Big Grin
I did have a good time opening those boxes. I always make sure I have something extra to open when I order hobby boxes, just in case it is a disappointing break. It is usually some stuff that I found on sale for real cheap.
I have not completed another rainbow of the '09s yet. The holofoil on the way is card #191 and I still need the Blue parallel for that one (the only Blue that I still need). I need 4 more Golds and 9 more Holofoils. Not bad though b/c I am at 71 of 85 total cards. Several of the holofoils are on the bay, but people want too much for them (especially since some of them just relist the card the same as they listed it back in 2009 or 2010). The BV's have dropped 50% on those since I started actively chasing them in late 2010.

04-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Nice stuff

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
04-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Hey man congrats on the booklet and PC cards, nice break all around.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]
04-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Congrats! I could use the Newman base.

[Image: OKimtze.png]
04-23-2014, 11:41 AM
(04-23-2014 09:22 AM)minitracer Wrote:  Congrats! I could use the Newman base.

I'll send it to you.

04-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Sweet! Plain envelope is fine.

[Image: OKimtze.png]