`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2014 Heritage/1965 Topps (update)

RE: 2014 Heritage/1965 Topps
(04-23-2014, 08:52 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: It's a great looking set, but do the Yankees know you've been cheating on them, Doc? Smile

The reds are NL so it's ok right??

(04-23-2014, 09:48 AM)rentzington Wrote: The reds are NL so it's ok right??
So, it's not cheating if it's in a different league? Is it then also not cheating if it's in a different division?
Kepler

(04-23-2014, 11:24 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: So, it's not cheating if it's in a different league? Is it then also not cheating if it's in a different division?

whatever helps you sleep at night

LOL!!!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(04-23-2014, 07:52 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Man, looking back, that really was a good, good team. Thanks for sharing. The constant chase on limited funds is what makes this a great hobby. Having alot of money would make it pretty boring.

Isn't Marty Keough related to Matt Keough, a pitcher for the A's in the 80's, that once lost like 800 games in a row?
Agreed. Finding a deal is more challenging and fun. Just being able to buy anything you want, seems like it wouldn't be exciting (although I'd like to find out what THAT would feel like at least once Smile )
The 65 Reds were a great team. Pete Rose, Frank Robinson, Vada Pinson, Tony Perez, Tommy Harper, Deron Johnson. I didn't get to see them play together, but I PC'ed Deron Johnson, Tommy Harper and Vada Pinson ... And realized that all these guys I liked in the 70s were all together on this amazing 65 team. So I decided to put this set together a few years ago ... thinking i was done, but Thanks to Haze, now I need to find those Heritage autos! Smile
(04-23-2014, 08:52 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: It's a great looking set, but do the Yankees know you've been cheating on them, Doc? Smile
I was granted special dispensation by Phil Rizzuto. Smile
(04-23-2014, 11:24 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: So, it's not cheating if it's in a different league? Is it then also not cheating if it's in a different division?
As long as it's not Boston or The Mets, it's all good! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Marty was Matt's dad and in adition matt also married a Playboy Playmate (back in the day when being a playmate was huige -- pardon the puin). If you google him, it's an interesting life story and if you google his wife -- make sure the photos are safe for work.
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

(04-24-2014, 06:00 AM)richk Wrote: Marty was Matt's dad and in adition matt also married a Playboy Playmnete (back in the day when being a playmate was huige -- pardon the puin). If you google him, it's an interesting life story and if you google his wife -- make sure the photos are safe for work.
Cool! Thanks for the info! Marty is my new hero!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-23-2014, 12:16 AM)Haze28 Wrote: Ted Wills and Charlie James have autos in Heritage, they'd look real nice next to the originals.
Thanks for putting me on this chase. My Charlie James should be in my mail box today. I lost 2 Ted Wills auctions by seconds and a few cents!!!! but i found that there is also a Dave Concepcion auto in 2014 Heritage that I need to buy for my 65 Reds Super Team Set!

Here it is!!!!!
[Image: null_zps50e9ddbe.jpg]