`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Recent Misc retail hits

RE: Recent Misc retail hits
(04-23-2014, 07:26 AM)rentzington Wrote: That is weird, and the 1964 Cleveland Indians at that?
It's an AllStar patch, I'm guessing played in Cleveland that year .... But Jackie wasn't playing in 1964 .... Was he honored? Did Topps screw up? Was it supposed to be a 1954 AllStar patch instead?
We may never know .... And until you asked, I was totally oblivious. I was happy just to get a Robinson card.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-23-2014, 09:17 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's an AllStar patch, I'm guessing played in Cleveland that year .... But Jackie wasn't playing in 1964 .... Was he honored? Did Topps screw up? Was it supposed to be a 1954 AllStar patch instead?
We may never know .... And until you asked, I was totally oblivious. I was happy just to get a Robinson card.

1964 ASG was played in NY at Shea

(04-23-2014, 08:30 AM)petesahuttt Wrote: If you hit any of the red mini's from GQ I would love to trade for them!
That Red Trout is a really sharp card
I partialy retract my statement in regards to the Red Boarder cards. Any Mike Trout boarder is an awesome card....LOL.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-23-2014, 09:45 AM)rentzington Wrote: 1964 ASG was played in NY at Shea
It's 1954, it was played in Cleveland and the patch is small and hard to read.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-23-2014, 05:54 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's 1954, it was played in Cleveland and the patch is small and hard to read.
well that makes more sense then doesnt it Smile

(04-23-2014, 06:23 PM)rentzington Wrote: well that makes more sense then doesnt it Smile
I guess if I just read the back, it would have been making sense right from the start! LOL
(04-23-2014, 07:10 AM)Racinghy Wrote: The best I got on opening day was a #'d parallel and a 3D card of Evan Longaria from retail breaks...congrats on the hits!
The #parallels are really nice this year and last. The 3-D cards, like the ones last year, are great inserts, but this years design "pops" just a little more. Both of those are not uncommon. 1:4 or 1:6 packs, I think. The autos are a little tougher to pull. And this year, there is a Trout auto in OD, just to make things interesting Smile

Nice!

I never really thought there was much to Opening Day, but I think I may just have to go out track some blasters down!
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

(04-24-2014, 05:15 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: Nice!

I never really thought there was much to Opening Day, but I think I may just have to go out track some blasters down!
A blaster costs $10. It has 11 packs. You typically get 2-3 Star cards, 3-4 blue parallel s/n cards, and 5-7 other inserts. Plus a chance at SP parallel cards, a Trout auto, other autos (mascot and players) relic cards (first time this year) ... They are hard to hit, but it's nice when you do. A totally fun, inexpensive, under-appreciated break.