`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$1 Target Topps Opening Day Pack Yields This!

$1 Target Topps Opening Day Pack Yields This!
[Image: GUJennings_zps1876ad1a.jpg]

Pretty cool for a $1 pack of cards! And there's only 10 different relic cards in the 2014 Opening Day set!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

RE: $1 Target Topps Opening Day Pack Yields This!
(04-22-2014, 09:49 AM)sfreinker Wrote: [Image: GUJennings_zps1876ad1a.jpg]

Pretty cool for a $1 pack of cards! And there's only 10 different relic cards in the 2014 Opening Day set!
You must have beat the packsearchers to the punch! Good job. Nice pickup.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

NICE JOB! Hard to find those in a retail pack these days!
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

(04-22-2014, 10:10 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: You must have beat the packsearchers to the punch! Good job. Nice pickup.
Thanks! That or they missed it because it definitely looks like there was some jerk doing just that in the cards section. Bought a couple of 2014 Gypsy Queen packs and the box looked like it had been gone over. Disgraceful if you ask me.

I actually opened the pack and wasn't paying attention. At first I was like, "Oh cool, a Chris Davis Opening Day Stars card" (I'm collecting the insert sets) then I move that and I'm like, "NO WAY!" so yeah. LOL
(04-22-2014, 10:20 AM)Racinghy Wrote: NICE JOB! Hard to find those in a retail pack these days!
For sure. Nice for a low-end collector like myself to pull stuff like that.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Very nice pull from a retail $1 pack. I think the pack searchers don't even bother with Opening Day packs as even the hits don't see for much (so they might not be able to justify spending the time to find them). By the way it is a really nice looking card as well. Topps did a good job with the picture selection and design for it. If the other ones in the set look this nice I may try and put that set together.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

The searchers at my Target will leave the packs sideways in the boxes once they've gone through them. So I know when they've done it. The Target lady said they come in on certain days and she watches them weigh, finger and go through the packs. Really frustrating as one that buys retail the bulk of his collection.

(04-22-2014, 10:20 AM)sfreinker Wrote: Bought a couple of 2014 Gypsy Queen packs and the box looked like it had been gone over.

Awesome pull for a 1$ pack!! Something similar happened to me at a walgreens and pulled one of carlos pena like 2 years ago
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(04-22-2014, 11:20 AM)djohn Wrote: Very nice pull from a retail $1 pack. I think the pack searchers don't even bother with Opening Day packs as even the hits don't see for much (so they might not be able to justify spending the time to find them). By the way it is a really nice looking card as well. Topps did a good job with the picture selection and design for it. If the other ones in the set look this nice I may try and put that set together.
There are only 10 and they're not expensive BV wise. They do look nice for sure. I think the best player in there is a Jeter.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11