`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan's autograph

Jordan's autograph
Anybody here pretty familiar with Michael jordan's autograph? Have a question about authenticating a signed photo

RE: Jordan's autograph
(04-18-2014, 09:12 PM)blackitalian Wrote: Anybody here pretty familiar with Michael jordan's autograph? Have a question about authenticating a signed photo
He has a pretty distinctive autograph....I would compare yours to a bunch of the Upper Deck Authenticated photos you can find on-line or via the bay.

Best of Luck!
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

(04-19-2014, 12:27 AM)home plate 1989 Wrote: He has a pretty distinctive autograph....I would compare yours to a bunch of the Upper Deck Authenticated photos you can find on-line or via the bay.

Best of Luck!
Or get it professionally analyzed.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

i know its $100 to authenticate his auto no matter what.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(04-19-2014, 12:27 AM)home plate 1989 Wrote: He has a pretty distinctive autograph....I would compare yours to a bunch of the Upper Deck Authenticated photos you can find on-line or via the bay.

Best of Luck!
He has a pretty distinctive autograph that changed around the time of his initial contract with Upper Deck so if the signature is an example older than 1992 this method will be limiting. Jordan's signature also has seen other more minor tweaks, mostly in the last name structure, that make a 90s example and a 00s example look different. There's also the matter of how the signature was acquired, as like most athletes he tends to rush more when in a crowd such as when he signs at the Lake Tahoe golf tournament.

The suggestion of having it professionally reviewed is better than trying to compare any autograph obtained (or claimed to have been obtained) one way to an example acquired through a totally different means.

(04-26-2014, 09:22 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: The suggestion of having it professionally reviewed is better than trying to compare any autograph obtained (or claimed to have been obtained) one way to an example acquired through a totally different means.
I agree 100%. I meant to compare it on-line as a way to judge if sending the item in for $100 service fee from an authenticator would be worth the risk. Having a professional authenticate the autograph is the only way to maximize the value of the autograph if his intent is to sell the item. Too high end a player for people to trust someone's word.
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]