`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAYPAL CLAIM DISPUTING BGS GRADE

RE: PAYPAL CLAIM DISPUTING BGS GRADE
(04-19-2014, 12:45 PM)mantleoct61 Wrote: BUYER NEEDS SEND TRACKING # and they confirm shipped- then take MY MONEY-
As crappy and ridiculous as it is you don't end up in the hole at all do you?
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

So you ended sale early and sold it to him for $200.00 more than you had it listed for?

(04-19-2014, 04:58 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: So you ended sale early and sold it to him for $200.00 more than you had it listed for? IT was his offer for ending it early- He wanted to make sure he got it-knowing exactly what it was-

I SENT HIM ZOOM PICTURES AND HE OKeD DEAL BEFORE SENDING PAYMENT- I HAVE EMAILS-EBAY MESSAGE HE SENT ASKING TO END EARLY AND HIS OFFER- ALL OF WHICH I SUBMITTED TO PAYPAL-- HIS EXACT WORDS ON PAYPAL CLAIM WAS THAT BECKETT MISLEAD HIM BY ,IN HIS OPINION OVERGRADING- THE BIG POINT HERE IS- I THOUGHT THAT THIRD PARTY SLABBED GRADING WOULD STOP OPINIONATED RETURNS- now it seems - even if a card has been slabbed/graded and customer knows the grade and sees the card with zoom pictures on ebay- he can over rule the grading company(and im only talking the BIG 3 -not some S**T grading company)- I thought /and submitted cards thinking that selling graded cards would eliminate returns- you get what you bid on knowing what grade it was. buyer knows exactly what they are getting- Guess that aint so------------------------ Ill go back to selling JUST at EXPO and NATIONAL shows- for any card worth good $---- CASH IS KING MY FRIENDS- IM TIRED OF PADDING PAYPAL's POCKETS and having no rights as a seller!

Please do not put personal information in these threads, including email addresses, full names, account info from other sites, etc.

This speaks to Beckett's reputation in the outside market. If their grades are not recognized as fact, what next?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

exactly! then why bother getting cards graded-I SENT CARDS TO BGS KNOW THEIR REPUTATION AND THEIR VALUE- i believe in their grading system and their value- if buyers are allowed (and know it seems they will be ) to regrade every graded card they buy- and decide if the grading compamy was right-the whole system crashes- I WOULD LIKE BECKETT TO APPROACH PAYPAL ON THIS ISSUE- their business could at stake much more than this one card being allowed to be returned- i truly believe in the no returns on graded cards from the BIG 3. you see a TPG card, you buy that card,-you own that card -deal done

Bottom line, its not a BGS issue (trust me if it was Id be vocal about it, unlike Nolan5000 jk lol) but more or less a Paypal issue. IF ANY 'customer" has ANY ISSUE with ANYTHING you sell, Paypal will force you to return it for a full refund. Been there.
Even if you have "No Returns" in auction description (like I did), Paypal will force you to return and refund. eBay and Paypal is not as seller friendly as they are buyer friendly. The buyer has all the power on eBay nowadays. Just gotta watch the scammers and block them once all is done.

Maybe even pass along the guys ID so others here can block and not deal with the same shenanigans. The only way to protect the community against ppl like that.

Okay... from what I see is that you ended your auction early, which is a violation of eBay's Terms Of Service. In this case you are no longer eligible to say that he knew what he was buying due to your description on eBay. You also were slandering this guy like he stole from you, but he was polite with you in asking to send the card back. His reasons are his own and PayPal protects him like that. I know the frustration, but he had a case. He was not trying to rip you off, which he could have done seeing as you yanked your eBay auction and broke their TOS. In fact this guy could report you and have you banned should he feel like doing so.

In reading what I had to remove up there it seems like the guy was just not happy with the condition of the card and did not agree with Beckett's grading. Simple as that. He has the right to say such and did. I would truly like to see your reply after he asked you if he could send the card back as he was polite in asking you for the return opportunity.

Also, the people at BGS Grading do not have the time to scour the Boards in hopes to find threads such as these, so I would suggest that you contact them personally to dispute the grading of your card. You will never find your answer by just posting to the Boards in hopes that someone from BGS will see your personal opinions about their services and grading abilities. Trust me, they will not contact yourself, nor PayPal on your behalf.

I am not here to start an argument with you, but just to put my opinion into what I have seen, so please do not reply with anything harsh towards myself. I encourage you to post the pictures of the card that you forwarded to the buyer to generate an opinion of the Beckett Community. There are many collectors here with so much experience and you might just be able to find some kind of console. I do warn you though, this will just be the opinion of these great members and will not be able to hold merit for your case. I am sorry for that. Also, should you seek a buyer here on the Forums, please make sure to have the card (or ANY) listed in your Organize and marked properly For Sale or For Trade. Best wishes!

Randi

I feel for you. I had something similar happen to me with a 2007 Bowman Chrome Auto Tim Lincecum BGS 9.5/10. Buyer claimed scratched on case (which I noted in auction) were actually on the card and he wanted his money back. After contacting ebay and talking to them and explaining everything, they told me it was still his right to file a chrageback. When ebay contacted him he said he'd send it in for regrading and if it didn't come back a 9.5 he would be granted his chargeback. Needless to say it came back a 9.5 again, however what bothered me is had it not I would have gotten back a card no longer graded a 9.5, so how is that fair?
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(04-20-2014, 08:30 PM)rayeates Wrote: Okay... from what I see is that you ended your auction early, which is a violation of eBay's Terms Of Service. In this case you are no longer eligible to say that he knew what he was buying due to your description on eBay. You also were slandering this guy like he stole from you, but he was polite with you in asking to send the card back. His reasons are his own and PayPal protects him like that. I know the frustration, but he had a case. He was not trying to rip you off, which he could have done seeing as you yanked your eBay auction and broke their TOS. In fact this guy could report you and have you banned should he feel like doing so.

In reading what I had to remove up there it seems like the guy was just not happy with the condition of the card and did not agree with Beckett's grading. Simple as that. He has the right to say such and did. I would truly like to see your reply after he asked you if he could send the card back as he was polite in asking you for the return opportunity.

Also, the people at BGS Grading do not have the time to scour the Boards in hopes to find threads such as these, so I would suggest that you contact them personally to dispute the grading of your card. You will never find your answer by just posting to the Boards in hopes that someone from BGS will see your personal opinions about their services and grading abilities. Trust me, they will not contact yourself, nor PayPal on your behalf.

I am not here to start an argument with you, but just to put my opinion into what I have seen, so please do not reply with anything harsh towards myself. I encourage you to post the pictures of the card that you forwarded to the buyer to generate an opinion of the Beckett Community. There are many collectors here with so much experience and you might just be able to find some kind of console. I do warn you though, this will just be the opinion of these great members and will not be able to hold merit for your case. I am sorry for that. Also, should you seek a buyer here on the Forums, please make sure to have the card (or ANY) listed in your Organize and marked properly For Sale or For Trade. Best wishes!

Randi
-------------------
i understand your point and in following your words-emil me at and ill show you my response and offer to send partial refund- ill send you pic to post to thxthx