`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trade for / Want option.
04-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Trade for / Want option.
I'm re-adding everything again with fingers crossed that everything works out.. I haven't used this org in a long time. Which option is used to show a star when someone has a card you need in the organize? Is it Want or is it Trade For. Can't remember which one it is. Thanks in advance.

[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 01:29 PM
RE: Trade for / Want option.
Stars should be based upon "Trade For".

But try and figure this one out - on an individual card's page, there are two tabs Haves and Wants. If a user is showing under the "Wants" tab, sometimes the cards are starred in a trade, sometimes not. Great "Feature".
04-20-2014, 03:07 PM
I just use both. If you look at another person's org, you can only see haves and wants, not trade fors... so I use wants for that reason. The trade fors are supposed to trigger the yellow stars, so I use both. It's a pain, but until recently, it worked out pretty well.

Building sets, and collecting Ovechkin, Varlamov, Neuvirth, Calle Johansson and
Craig Laughlin... and now Marcus Johansson
[Image: PC-Mail_0001-2-1-1.jpg]
04-20-2014, 03:31 PM
(04-20-2014 03:07 PM)mswatson Wrote:  I just use both. If you look at another person's org, you can only see haves and wants, not trade fors... so I use wants for that reason. The trade fors are supposed to trigger the yellow stars, so I use both. It's a pain, but until recently, it worked out pretty well.

Same here. I use both since viewing My Org from the profile page shows ""Wants" and the Trade windows show "Trade Fors" (with stars).

To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.

[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]
04-20-2014, 08:20 PM
(04-20-2014 03:31 PM)paulkellyjr Wrote:  Same here. I use both since viewing My Org from the profile page shows ""Wants" and the Trade windows show "Trade Fors" (with stars).

Seriously? Don't mean to be an ***** but it would be helpful if I went through and added "Want" to the 47,000+ cards I already have marked as "Trade For"?
04-22-2014, 02:51 PM
(04-20-2014 08:20 PM)savefenway Wrote:  Seriously? Don't mean to be an ***** but it would be helpful if I went through and added "Want" to the 47,000+ cards I already have marked as "Trade For"?

No, please DON'T. I raised this issue to support about 4 months ago. They need to provide a view in the Org, where I can change the Want column to Trade For. If you try this to someone else's Org, there are only a couple of fixed options - and NONE of them show the "Trade For" column. Ridiculous.
04-23-2014, 09:57 AM
(04-22-2014 02:51 PM)sdinallo Wrote:  No, please DON'T. I raised this issue to support about 4 months ago. They need to provide a view in the Org, where I can change the Want column to Trade For. If you try this to someone else's Org, there are only a couple of fixed options - and NONE of them show the "Trade For" column. Ridiculous.

Thanks - I wasn't going to. I just thought it crazy to have "Trade For" and "Want" both checked when only one is necessary since they both mean the same thing. At least I think they do in how they relate to being on a list for this site.
04-23-2014, 09:44 PM
(04-22-2014 02:51 PM)sdinallo Wrote:  No, please DON'T. I raised this issue to support about 4 months ago. They need to provide a view in the Org, where I can change the Want column to Trade For. If you try this to someone else's Org, there are only a couple of fixed options - and NONE of them show the "Trade For" column. Ridiculous.

Yeah, good luck with getting them to make this needed change.

In the meantime, if you want other people to see your wants, the only way to really make that happen is to use both. I agree, it was a bad design when they launched it, and many of us have commented to them about it, but we're still stuck with it, and I've seen nothing that indicates that this will change.........

Building sets, and collecting Ovechkin, Varlamov, Neuvirth, Calle Johansson and
Craig Laughlin... and now Marcus Johansson
[Image: PC-Mail_0001-2-1-1.jpg]
04-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Question on this, Once you trade and get a card that's on your trade for list. How can you remove the Trade for Status?
04-28-2014, 10:25 AM
(04-28-2014 09:22 AM)Etyndall Wrote:  Question on this, Once you trade and get a card that's on your trade for list. How can you remove the Trade for Status?

It is automatically suppose to move it to the recently traded and adjust the amounts..
Suppose to that is..mine does not right now

[Image: mayscopy.jpg]