`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.25 Average
UPDATED: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
04-18-2014, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2014 12:10 AM by roger rabbit.)
UPDATED: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
Update: I heard this from Dan Hitt at Beckett in response to my email regarding this thread:

Simon, we are working on it. We're not finished yet. I'll be asking the IT team to simplify the process and deliver an "alpha numeric" approach with the sports group together first, then the set names in alpha order and cards numerical within set. I think this is what most users would want right?

Thanks for the heads up.

Dan Hitt
Associate Director - ECommerce
dhitt@beckett.com
972-448-9116

So it seems some semblance of order may be forthcoming...that said keep posting if you want things back how they were, there is power in numbers...

- - -

I'm sorry, but the new sort order in the org is just dreadful. I've got 2007 Elite Extra Edition baseball autos sitting after cards from every other year because it's deemed as multisport - in my opinion that's not organized at all.

Many people have spent a great deal of time organizing things the way they want them, only to have an entirely new system thrust upon them without any consultation or opportunity to state how absurd the new logic is.

I'm seeing posts all over the board expressing frustration with this new org system, so I want a single thread where every member who wants the system to return to how it was chimes in. Hopefully by centralizing our frustration and letting Dan Hitt and others know, they'll see that these things matter immensely to collectors.

Without the system going back to how it was, I'll no longer be able to use the org how I want to and will be leaving the site, and I dare say I'm not alone in that. I'll also be canceling my all access OPG subscription, my frustration with how this has gone cannot be overstated.

Please share your thoughts and desire for the org to go back to how it was. Cheers.

Trading for Autos of Baseball HOFers (currently have 129), Cleveland Indians (esp. Bauer, Frazier, Kipnis, Lindor, Naquin, Salazar & Zimmer) & Cleveland Browns. Top HOF Autos I'm after right now: DiMaggio & Puckett.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
They won't listen. But I prefer full chronological order (the old way).
04-18-2014, 09:01 AM
(04-18-2014 08:59 AM)sdinallo Wrote:  They won't listen. But I prefer full chronological order (the old way).

+1000000000000000000
04-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Agreed, it make zero sense to not have all of the cards from a specific set together. Why would you have all of the "base" set in one location followed by the "base" sets for all other sets from that year, then the inserts/GU/AU cards later.

I also do not like that the sport order of Baseball, Football, Basketball and then Hockey. So any of the Patrick Roy cards that were inserted into other sports are listed first.

Overall it is working like they want it to, but not at all like the users want.

[Image: patrick_roy_banner_zps0a7c138b.jpg]
04-18-2014, 09:18 AM
+1 to everyone

[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.
04-18-2014, 12:01 PM
(04-18-2014 08:38 AM)roger rabbit Wrote:  Please share your thoughts and desire for the org to go back to how it was. Cheers.

I hope they do put it back to the old sort, but it's too late for me at this point. I've spent a while waiting for it to be "fixed", only to find that now I can't use the org to physically locate anything in my collection.

The time I spent putting my wants in the system was already somewhat wasted when I quit trading (because the site was too slow and finding my wants in others collections simply took too much time), and the opg wasn't really useful to me once I stopped trading since it does not represent any external reality beyond the walls of this site... but I was still depending on the org to keep everything else, well, organized.

I'm crazy enough that I put all of my Reds PC stuff in binders. So needless to say it is upsetting to, say, try to find some 2007 card and see the org go:
Bowman
Finest
SP
Topps
Upper Deck
Bowman (again)
Fleer
Topps (again)
Ultra
Upper Deck (again)
Bowman (3rd group of Bowman stuff)
SP (again)
Topps (3rd group of Topps stuff)
Bowman (4th group of Bowman stuff)
Topps (4th group of Topps stuff).

That isn't a sort order. It's as good as random to me. And since I can't export this and sort it myself... I'm not going to put any more time into maintaining it or using it.

Luckily, I am a good typist. Will have my own listing offline which I can print out and carry around and format/sort however I please. I'll have to set up a spreadsheet or a database or something, but at least I'll have some control of the data and it won't cost me any kind of annual fee.

I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.
04-18-2014, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2014 12:49 PM by mmahoney.)
Agree Agree Agree

As I see it here is the post order:

Base by brand
Parallel by brand
Insert by brand
Parallel Insert by brand

In affect you get as an example:

Bowman base
Topps base
Bowman parallel
Topps parallel
Bowman inserts
Topps inserts
Bowman parallel inserts
Topps parallel inserts

That is how you end up with a brands cards in 4 places.

That is also based on what category Beckett puts a card. For example, 2012 Topps Chrome Refractors (all types) show up as Parallel Inserts and thus sort in group 4. Would anybody not consider them parallel cards? A parallel to me has the same card number as the base card. Their logic is not logical.
04-18-2014, 01:53 PM
This is dumb and makes it just as confusing and out of order as it was before. Time to find another way to organize my cards instead of wasting my money hoping these clowns at beckett get it right
04-18-2014, 03:38 PM
(04-18-2014 08:59 AM)sdinallo Wrote:  They won't listen. But I prefer full chronological order (the old way).

+1000000000000000001

I don't like it either but I guess I'll have to try and get used to it and come up with some sort of workaround if I can. It makes more sense to me to have brands listed together. I see what they've done. I just don't care for it. I suppose it will keep people on their site longer because there will no longer be a quick way to look up cards. I'll just have to be extremely specific in my searches.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
04-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Totally Agree...NEEDS to be put back to (old way) does not make me want to leave but does frustrate me and makes it very difficult to use to physically organize....sports are based on seasons in real life and the hobby of card collecting and organize should reflect just that seasons chronological order by years and no other way, separating the sports is non sensical and is not a true reflection of anyone's way to organize in my 40 years of trying different ways. i have mine in a unique physical sort to do card shows...to detailed to fully describe but it is broken down to all sports by season chronologically and into the different varieties and types of cards...organize in current status does not work for the majority of collector's at a very high %,was advised they chose this way to reach a broad base of customer's and collector's,however i know of no one that this works for from a data base to physical collection tool...sad and frustrated, and implore beckett to reconsider for the greater good of all