`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.25 Average
UPDATED: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
05-29-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: UPDATED: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
(05-29-2014 11:39 AM)petesahuttt Wrote:  A multisport release such as A&G should not have the set order disrupted by this separate sport issue. A set should be listed in numerical order. Why the eff would I want to take my A&G set and put it in order of 'sports participated in'? Not that it matters to me anymore as I;ve given up on this garbage of a site but mixing up multi-sport sets in this fashion is completely assinine.

definitely agree they need to handle multisport better. is it is intended a baseball release, then it should go in baseball. if it is intended as a true multisport release, then it should go in a multisport part of the org

however, i dont think, when they created this new way of doing things, they thought that far ahead. so i guess they are sorting by sport by player entries rather than set entries, which is curious unto itself

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 07:56 PM by rmpaq5.)
(05-29-2014 11:39 AM)petesahuttt Wrote:  A multisport release such as A&G should not have the set order disrupted by this separate sport issue. A set should be listed in numerical order. Why the eff would I want to take my A&G set and put it in order of 'sports participated in'? Not that it matters to me anymore as I;ve given up on this garbage of a site but mixing up multi-sport sets in this fashion is completely assinine.

A perfect example is 2013 Ginter. #11 is Robin Van Persie. Pele is #130. Both play soccer but they are not next to each other in the checklist. As a matter of fact all non baseball is listed IN SET ORDER regardless of sport/activity at the end. So Ginter does not even follow their own asinine sorting guidelines. Why they decided to change sort order (which by the way when they started doing it, think of your trade pages remember when sets like Best or 4 Sport were at the top, is when the trade and ORG functionality starting going to hell in a handbasket) is beyond everyone except the one guy who came in hung over one morning at Beckett and thought "Hey I got an idea." So basically a desire to change how 120 years or so of how people sort cards, in my opinion, is what started the recent functionality problems of this site.

On top of that it doesn't matter what baseball only set I visit, many are messed up period (go take a look at 1974 Topps, or 1951 Topps. I mean with the 51s there is absolutely no logic to it at all) I haven't had a new trade started in about a month. Most just cancel stating they don't want to put up with all the crap anymore and I can't say I blame them.

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Backs, 1977, 1978 and 1979 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball
Justin Verlander, Reno Bertoia, and Alan Trammell
06-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Arrrgh! Frustrated over here, been on the site for five or more years. Paying member,organizer a mess. Come on Beckett, throw us a bone here! Get if together.