`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.25 Average
UPDATED: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
04-21-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
(04-21-2014 03:50 PM)mrbill3 Wrote:  Kindly add my name to the list. I have not made a trade in almost two months. I have over 100K cards to trade and I'm not getting any younger. I know that this is not the main function of Beckett, but ranks
number 1 on my set of priorities. Please get it back to something I can work with. Thank you.

++++++++++++++++++
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
(04-21-2014 01:47 PM)bselje Wrote:  OK, I come to this forum to find out what is wrong with the sort order...and if I understand this correctly - this is the FIXED sort order? LOL - there is, from what I can see, no order whatsoever to how things are now. You might go from Absolute, to Bowman, Certified, Momentum, Topps, back to Absolute, back to Bowman, etc etc...back to Absolute, Bowman...come on man, this cant be intentional, can it??? If it was, this is one of the most idiotic decisions that have ever been made about how this site should work - and believe me, there have been a lot of stupid decisions, and i've been here since WAY before 1997...
I'm not even getting into the madness going on in C to C...but at this point in time, it is completely useless. Whatever - thats provided "free" I guess - but I pay for the OPG and the way it is now, it is nearly useless as well. Come on Beckett...you are better than this. Right?

Yes, my understanding is that is the intention. Sort order goes:

Year first
Base by Brand
Parallel by Brand
Insert by Brand
Parallel Insert by Brand

Yes, this is a ridiculous sort technique. Especially when you find out that I've seen refractors listed as Parallel Inserts, not Parallel.

Hopefully they will come to their senses but at this point they seem to be hiding. No response here and I can't get a return phone call anymore.
04-21-2014, 06:47 PM
I agree that the ORG should be restored to its previous state. It really baffles me as to why you would do something one way for years and then one day just decide to change it. The new method is confusing to say the least because cards are all over the place. I have most all of my collection sorted the previous way the ORG was and I'm not changing it now. If it doesn't change back then I'm not sure I'll carry on with my subscription because my PC being organized in my main reason for subscribing. I don't really buy any new product but I do buy for my PC and make the occasional trade all of which I can do without a subscription.

Please restore the ORG!

[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/
04-22-2014, 02:46 PM
(04-21-2014 05:14 PM)mmahoney Wrote:  Yes, my understanding is that is the intention. Sort order goes:

Year first
Base by Brand
Parallel by Brand
Insert by Brand
Parallel Insert by Brand

Yes, this is a ridiculous sort technique. Especially when you find out that I've seen refractors listed as Parallel Inserts, not Parallel.

Hopefully they will come to their senses but at this point they seem to be hiding. No response here and I can't get a return phone call anymore.

Just got off the phone with Beckett. I was told they are working on returning the sort order back to as close to the original way as possible. I'd say we need to be patient for a few days and see what comes of it.
04-23-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: UPDATED: Who Wants Org Back How It Was? (Plz Post Here If So)
Change it back please, this sort order makes no sense to anyone in the history of ever!
And while you're at it, fix the '14 GQ checklist order, if you need help putting them in numerical order I can type out 1 to 350 so you can see that #2 is not the first number

[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]
05-05-2014, 11:15 AM
I called customer service again.
Was told they are reverting to the old "sort"
style no later than tomorrow.
We shall see.

Mattingly Collection.2335 different

I'm looking for Mattingly,Pujols,All Current
& Great Yankees,& HOFers in all Sports.
05-05-2014, 04:23 PM
i sort of like having all the sports sorted separately. i kind of would like to see the old chronological way, but with the separate sports

onedollardutch.blogspot.com
05-05-2014, 06:10 PM
(05-05-2014 04:23 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  i sort of like having all the sports sorted separately. i kind of would like to see the old chronological way, but with the separate sports

It has been nice having the overall major sports separate but found it caused issues with cards/sets labeled as multi-sport. It would put them as the very end of my collection folder. An example of a couple are the Sport Illustrated for Kids or 2009 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary cards so as a player collector I would prefer the cards with the appropriate year and brand and not by sport. But then if these were separated by the major set it would be all over the place so I still prefer all cards in chronological order regardless of sport. Simple filters can do the rest as well as created folders as I already have.

I collect Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix Hernandez, and Leroy Herrmann.
05-06-2014, 11:29 AM
(05-05-2014 04:23 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  i sort of like having all the sports sorted separately. i kind of would like to see the old chronological way, but with the separate sports

Last I heard the sports would still be separate and then chronological. I guess we'll see.
05-06-2014, 12:23 PM
I like having the sports separate. If that is the only thing we are complaining about when all is said and done, then i think they have done it properly. The next thing would be to make sure those sets marked as multisport are truly multisport.