`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail Day Plus 2013 Panini Black & Prizm Jumbo Boxes (Updated: MOAR pics!))

RE: Mail Day Plus 2013 Panini Black & Prizm Jumbo Boxes (lots of pics)
(04-16-2014, 12:36 PM)telattt Wrote: Interested in the Patriots. Nice breaks and pick ups!
While you've got some very nice cards listed FT, I'm not really seeing anything I collect. Do you have any Ravens stashed away?

RE: Mail Day Plus 2013 Panini Black & Prizm Jumbo Boxes (lots of pics)
Wasn't really worthy of a new thread, but got my first "meh" box of Black today, along with a few other cards. Nothing really exciting from my "free gift" packs of 2012 Bowman, although I did pick up a couple inserts & two gold parallels.

I also decided to give Dave & Adam's "Hit Parade" a shot with 4 packs. I knew what to expect: basically a 3-card "grab bag" for $9.95, with one auto and one memorabilia card guaranteed per pack; in essence, a bunch of singles that had retained decent BV but which they couldn't actually sell on their own. I was still a little disappointed overall...while the book value greatly exceeded the price in each pack, the player selection was underwhelming to say the least. Highlights, if you can call them that:

2000 Jake Plummer MVP Auto:
[Image: debef913-04a8-4f5c-a385-a6509e8d32b1.jpg]

2008 Derek Anderson Prestigious Pros (19/25):
[Image: c5d529ce-bfe5-4cf0-9c7d-b4eee5746d0d.jpg]

Plus picked up a Jonathan Stewart '08 Rookie Threads with Jersey number (28/250) and a 01/99 Dexter Jackson Rookie Threads Patch. Not horrible, but I don't think I'll be purchasing more.

The new '13 Black was my worst box ever of that product. The "hits" weren't, really (Ryan Spadola auto, anyone? Luke Wilson numbered to 49?), and nothing truly spectacular besides. Did pick up a couple of decent cards, though, including another shadowbox:

Marquise Goodwin Signature Material 255/299:
[Image: 87b070cc-5b3f-467b-9dff-54ed8adb06f0.jpg]

And the shadowbox, Vance McDonald 13/99:
[Image: 20191dee-d4c2-4635-b4d6-2f187dc68268.jpg]

The rest of the hits are uploaded on my photobucket, which is only about 400 cards short of being up to date now. Big Grin

RE: Mail Day Plus 2013 Panini Black & Prizm Jumbo Boxes (Updated: MOAR pics!))
Lmao I'm about 400 cards short of being up to date on my org....don't even get me started on the photobucket. While I love everything to do with cards, I can't stand taking pix of my cards and uploading then, I guess call me lazy (could also be the reason my stuff isn't up to date) but it's tedious and boring to me. My last purchase came from Dave and adams which would be the Trinity Box got that was pretty sweet, a loaded jumbo box of Score (for the price, I can't believe noone else is buying it up, I had 4 very decent autos including a printing plate auto of gavin escobar, 1 lame auto, and 2 jersey cards. Not to mention the parallels. Jumbo box for 45 bucks and the return I got? Hell yea. I also got a box of momentum which was so so, and def not as good as the first one I got from my semi lcs. We still gotta make a trade, I gotta go through your stuff again. Was hoping you still had the Hayden but saw in here its gone. You still got some other stuff I was interested in.

RE: Mail Day Plus 2013 Panini Black & Prizm Jumbo Boxes (Updated: MOAR pics!))
(06-12-2014, 11:32 PM)SkylerDean0526 Wrote: Lmao I'm about 400 cards short of being up to date on my org....don't even get me started on the photobucket. While I love everything to do with cards, I can't stand taking pix of my cards and uploading then, I guess call me lazy (could also be the reason my stuff isn't up to date) but it's tedious and boring to me. My last purchase came from Dave and adams which would be the Trinity Box got that was pretty sweet, a loaded jumbo box of Score (for the price, I can't believe noone else is buying it up, I had 4 very decent autos including a printing plate auto of gavin escobar, 1 lame auto, and 2 jersey cards. Not to mention the parallels. Jumbo box for 45 bucks and the return I got? Hell yea. I also got a box of momentum which was so so, and def not as good as the first one I got from my semi lcs. We still gotta make a trade, I gotta go through your stuff again. Was hoping you still had the Hayden but saw in here its gone. You still got some other stuff I was interested in.
I'm actually caught up on my FT stuff now, aside from having to crop & title about 35 new arrivals. My PC items will probably never be fully uploaded lol.

I was surprised to find that I don't currently have a single D.J. Hayden non-base card in my collection. It seemed like I was pulling him out of every box for a while...probably won't be getting any others as I'm thinking he won't show up in a lot of 2014 sets. I did get one box of the Score jumbos from DACW & it was a pretty solid break, but nothing too exciting. I do like it at the price point, I just don't want to have to find room for all the base that come out of those boxes. Big Grin On the flip side, they're offering packs of 2013 Score as a free gift now, which is not a bad option either.