`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set complete after 2 years, thanks to JDETTER!

Set complete after 2 years, thanks to JDETTER!
Most of the members who have been active on these forums over the past few years may remember my very first set chase upon returning to the hobby. The 2011-12 Preferred Red Auto set. After ALL this time, I have chased down EVERY card, except two. The James Worthy #ed /15 and the Chris Paul Redemption. The CP3 Redemption was never made, so as much as I'd like to have a copy of the redemption card, I don't really feel like I need that to have the complete set, since the card technically doesn't exist. I have been hunting this Worthy since 2011.

Jdetter, used his resources and was able to track a couple copies of the Worthy down, unfortunately they were in PCs and NOT available..... JDetter, even went so far as to pick up a 1/1 Worthy to try and get one of the collectors who had the Worthy I needed to part with it, to no avail. So at this point I pretty much am just letting it go and accepting the fact I will most likely never see this Worthy.

Fast forward about a month to today, coming home on lunch to check the mail. To somewhat shorten the story, I had a package from none other than Jdetter. By now I'm sure you know where this is going, and yes.... the James Worthy was in the package Smile. How he got it, and why he would go through so much trouble to help me is still a mystery to me, but I had to share this incredible gesture by Jeff. It is amazing to me sometimes, the quality of character some collectors have. I am now on a mission to find something equally as nice and important to Jeff's PC, but I doubt I will ever be able to come close.

By now you might think it doesn't get much better than having such a rare piece to complete your set arrive as a total surprise. BUT it does, because not only did JDetter surprise me with this one but there were LOADS of pc stuff in this package including a HUGE piece for one of my other current set chases! Pictures will come in my mail thread, I have to get back from lunch lol. I'm already late, but I could not leave without sharing this amazing thing JDetter did for me, and I am looking forward to returning this favor Big Grin.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

RE: Set complete after 3 years, thanks to JDETTER!
Great story but i am not surprised! You are one of the best people in the hobby overall so i am sure a lot of people would like to pay you back. I cannot wait for the pics once you get home Big Grin
PC Players: Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala
Currant set chase: 12/13 NT Dual Matchups Prime (71/100), Absolute Team Tandems Prime (12/25), Innovation Stat Line Prime (7/25)
PC: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28871127@N03/sets

(04-14-2014, 11:35 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: By now you might think it doesn't get much better than having such a rare piece to complete your set arrive as a total surprise. BUT it does, because not only did JDetter surprise me with this one but there were LOADS of pc stuff in this package including a HUGE piece for one of my other current set chases! Pictures will come in my mail thread, I have to get back from lunch lol. I'm already late, but I could not leave without sharing this amazing thing JDetter did for me, and I am looking forward to returning this favor Big Grin.
Cliffhanger much?

congrats on the completion, and props to Jdetter

Very awesome story! JDetter is a great member here, he helped me out with a Kendall I needed really bad once before too!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

Its good to see collectors helping each other out in the hobby. Congrats on completing the set and big props to JDETTER!

RE: Set complete after 2 years, thanks to JDETTER!
Thanks guys, I posted the pics in the Mailday thread. Wasn't trying to do a cliffhanger, just didn't have time to scan and post everything yesterday.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Thanks for sharing such an awesome story - Congrats on your set completion and Huge shout-out to Jdetter for being such a stand-up collector & friend!
[Image: Zg60sg4.png]

Wow! That is great! Jdetter is a pretty awesome guy! Congratulations on completing that set!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666