Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading service vs autograph

Grading service vs autograph
Hi,

I'm not familiar with the grading service so I have few question.

I have a baseball card with an autograph on it and a certificate of authenticity by "fielders choice sports".

Right now, the autograph have some value?

If I send my card and certificate to BGS:

- Does my card will have the same value?
- My certificate I have right now will be trash and be replace with the BGS's certificate?

Approximatly what the value of a signature of Juan Samuel from the dodger on a score 1992?
Grading service is an option for me?

Thank you for your answer.

Fred

I'm always ready to make trade!

RE: Grading service vs autograph
If it is an after market autograph, it has to go through JSA authentication first THEN BGS will grade it. Just hold on to your certificate because as far as the people at JSA and BGS are concerned, it is irrelevant.

I do not know if it holds value at the present time in it's present form. No idea on the value of any of that, check completed listings on sites like Ebay to get a general idea of recent market activity.

And grading service is an option, just remember, after market autograph, goes through JSA first.

(After market = any card that was pulled out of the pack and autographed afterwards as opposed to cards that are autographed and then inserted into packs)
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(04-12-2014, 06:55 PM)fredericgagnon86 Wrote: Hi,

I'm not familiar with the grading service so I have few question.

I have a baseball card with an autograph on it and a certificate of authenticity by "fielders choice sports".

Right now, the autograph have some value?

If I send my card and certificate to BGS:

- Does my card will have the same value?
- My certificate I have right now will be trash and be replace with the BGS's certificate?

Approximatly what the value of a signature of Juan Samuel from the dodger on a score 1992?
Grading service is an option for me?

Thank you for your answer.

Fred
you dont want to grade this.

1. you have to send to JSA first to authenticate it
2. then you have to have BGS grade it

that is expensive in comparison to the value of the card

ungraded, the card would sell for 5 dollars or less. graded, it wouldnt sell for much more

i dont even think getting it authenticated by JSA is worth it

if you are just looking to protect it, maybe you can slab it without authentification or grading.

Thank you for the answer.
I'm always ready to make trade!

(04-13-2014, 06:14 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you dont want to grade this.

1. you have to send to JSA first to authenticate it
2. then you have to have BGS grade it

that is expensive in comparison to the value of the card

ungraded, the card would sell for 5 dollars or less. graded, it wouldnt sell for much more

i dont even think getting it authenticated by JSA is worth it

if you are just looking to protect it, maybe you can slab it without authentification or grading.
Im in full agreeance with Jacobystealshome, I kind of chortled when I got to the end of your post and found out what the card was. He was a good ball player, but didnt perform well enough to make his card values be worth much of anything. Jacobystealshome, the predicted birthday you have on the big screen is my birthday! Congratulations to you and yours!

Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.