`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading with Canada

Trading with Canada
This goes out to everyone from Canada that I have made trades with over the last couple of years. Thanks. I still get a little nervous when trading with Canadians because it takes a little longer that two or three days that I have become accustomed to. I use tracking on every trade I make but I can only track as far as the border. I am getting a little less nervous now that I have made several trades to Canada and I want to shout out all who have traded with me (you know who you are). Thanks and i hope to make more trades with Canada.

RE: Trading with Canada
I've never had any problems trading with folks in Canada. In fact, one 2 of my favorites on this site are from Canada. Awesome people, awesome traders, crappy postal system. (plus I like the thrill of not knowing if my cards made it until I see the little green "received" in the trade....yea, I really live on the edge.....LOL)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I made a Canadian trade about a week and a half ago and am still waiting.

(04-11-2014, 09:05 PM)cspen Wrote: This goes out to everyone from Canada that I have made trades with over the last couple of years. Thanks. I still get a little nervous when trading with Canadians because it takes a little longer that two or three days that I have become accustomed to. I use tracking on every trade I make but I can only track as far as the border. I am getting a little less nervous now that I have made several trades to Canada and I want to shout out all who have traded with me (you know who you are). Thanks and i hope to make more trades with Canada.

(04-11-2014, 09:14 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I've never had any problems trading with folks in Canada. In fact, one 2 of my favorites on this site are from Canada. Awesome people, awesome traders, crappy postal system. (plus I like the thrill of not knowing if my cards made it until I see the little green "received" in the trade....yea, I really live on the edge.....LOL)
On behalf of those residing north of the 49th parallel I thank ye both. Joe your comment on our crappy postal system is dead on. You guys do pay more to ship to us by a couple bucks (which I always try to make up in BV and odd ball Canadian issue freebies, or OpeeChee cards from the 80s to team collectors who probably don't have the opportunity to find these south of the border, when I can) but your service is much better. Tracking numbers being the best example. If I place a tracking number on a trade my postage jumps to (no kidding) $20 or more, you guys get a freebie on that. We have no service on Saturdays...at all. Hell I have trades shipped to the school I teach at and from mid Dec to mid Jan when it was stupid cold here our postman took the month off and no mail got to me or the school. Seriously I work at a school and we did not get mail for three weeks. Cspen I could not believe how fast our recent trade actually made it to you. It was just a few days, and yours arrived much later due to Canada Post being a bunch of doorknobs. I appreciate all my American traders and friends as they are very patient as the trades do take longer.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I am learning to be patient. It's getting easier. I guess I just need to make more trades with Canadians. Again, thanks to all my Canadian friends for all the trades we've made with many more.

I haven't had a problem and I've done a few. It is a little more pricy when shipping but not a big deal.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Have made many trades from people form Canada and it takes longer, costs more, but no issues at all with cards or quality.
Great trading partners in so many ways