`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let's say u have the third pick...

Let's say u have the third pick...
Ok, let's say there is a draft of current nba players, lebron and Durant goes one and two, if you were next who you draft with the third pick? And why? Let's say the players are stil in there prime though.

RE: Let's say u have the third pick...
Fun question. I think you need to change it though. If it is current NBA players, but in their prime I am choosing Kobe #1 overall. Then Lebron, KG, Duncan, Durant.

Given that you went Lebron and Durant one/ two I feel the question should be a fantasy draft with the players in the league in 2014 at their current age. If that's the case I think I'm choosing Anthony Davis. I usually go for a winner with killer instinct, but I don't see many young guys with that (just ask Pacer fans). I am a huge Kevin Love guy, but I think in a year or two Davis will be a more significant piece than Love.

The league is in a huge transition period right now. It really is Lebron/ Durant and everyone else. We are about to see a huge wave of HOFers walk away (Kobe, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Pierce, etc) and a new wave of players needs to step up.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

It really depends on who else I have on my team already. If I already have some great scorers and a good PG then I would probably look for a top tier center with great defensive presence instead of grabbing another scorer.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-10-2014, 09:02 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Fun question. I think you need to change it though. If it is current NBA players, but in their prime I am choosing Kobe #1 overall. Then Lebron, KG, Duncan, Durant.

Given that you went Lebron and Durant one/ two I feel the question should be a fantasy draft with the players in the league in 2014 at their current age. If that's the case I think I'm choosing Anthony Davis. I usually go for a winner with killer instinct, but I don't see many young guys with that (just ask Pacer fans). I am a huge Kevin Love guy, but I think in a year or two Davis will be a more significant piece than Love.

The league is in a huge transition period right now. It really is Lebron/ Durant and everyone else. We are about to see a huge wave of HOFers walk away (Kobe, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Pierce, etc) and a new wave of players needs to step up.
In this fantasy are players magically 100% healthy? Because if that's the case my pick would be Westbrook.
I agree that at the current pace Davis will be a more significant player than a lot of current players (Kevin Love included). But seeing the other two picks it sounds like the picks are oriented to win a title now and not in a couple of years when the player has had time to develop further. If we were trying to plan for the future I would have to say Davis or Leonard.

(04-10-2014, 09:02 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Fun question. I think you need to change it though. If it is current NBA players, but in their prime I am choosing Kobe #1 overall. Then Lebron, KG, Duncan, Durant.

Yeah true Kobe would be a lock for 1. But this can be based on potential too. Anthony davis has a great future, he's young long and athletic. he's a up coming star in the future to come. I mean would you pick him ahead of KG in this sort of draft if you knew that he'll get better and better each year, and lets say by year 5-6 he does just as great as KG did in this prime? so this is the point i was getting too. Just some thoughts and opinions, just trying to get some interesting answers from everyone.

If everyone was in their prime there is no such thing as drafting for potential. At that point you are just drafting for avoidance of injury and who deteriorates better.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Shocking anyone could take Garnett over Dirk. Garnett never won anything as a lead player, wasnt till he was a second or third banana that he won a title, on a team with at least two other hall of famers. Good player, but the amount he was better than Dirk defensively wasn't close to what Dirk did for every team he's ever played for offensively. 15 years and every player hes ever played with has been significantly better playing next to him than they were anywhere else in the league. The way he changed how the game is played, the first big man to pull opposing bigs away from the basket to open up the lane. He routinely killed Garnett in head to head matchups.. Just don't understand it. His quiet demeanor has always hurt his reputation when compared to other greats
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!