`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No pricing on 2013 Onyx Platinum Prospects and the explanation is puzzling

RE: No pricing on 2013 Onyx Platinum Prospects and the explanation is puzzling
What you need is a site that will offer an all inclusive price guide. They could call it an OPG.

This is where we need a sarcasm font.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(04-08-2014, 10:12 AM)zeprock Wrote: What you need is a site that will offer an all inclusive price guide. They could call it an OPG.

This is where we need a sarcasm font.
well, certainly, there will always be exceptions. non-licensed stuff shouldnt be priced. stuff with sketchy checklists are extremely hard to price. those sets with cut sigs with limited quantities but not known what those quantities are....that makes it hard

(04-08-2014, 05:11 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: again, that has nothing to do with this issue brought up by the OP

if you want to rant about your little thing, make a thread. just dear god, dont make a thread about soccer
OK, good. I thought I was going crazy or screwed something up in my ORG that the 100 or so cards I've marked as trade wants weren't showing up in any deals. It made trying to trade this weekend very tedious and annoying.
Kepler

Wrong again jacoby.

"More popular and more heavily traded products take priority. "

The above came directly from a beckett rep.

And the reason "more popular And more heavily traded products take priority" is because of space limitations.

And by still listing all these ridiculous fantasy prices, they take up space. Space which could be used to list a product like onyx.

And while onyx might not be in crazy demand, I guarantee there's absolutely ZERO demand for the failed prospects I listed as well as hundreds others.

And funny how stuff happens! A customer JUST came in wanting to get pricing on his '91 topps desert shield set and singles BUT GUESS WHAT?

The multiplier has been taken out from the BASEBALL monthly! A little "100x" can't even be listed! Another casualty of space.

So now all it lists are commons, semi stars, unlisted stars and chipper.

Needless to say, my customer was devastated as he thought his set and singles had dropped like a 10 thousand pound rock. Luckily I explained to him that it's not the case.

But it's all good right? Keep enjoying those $15 Sean burroughs and $25 Ben Johnson autos at the expense of other cards.

oh my lord:

im not saying that your issue isnt a valid one. im saying it is completely separate with what the OP is talking about

people from the bronx...are they all obtuse?

It's not separate jacoby. The listing of these failed guys directly impacts other products due to space.

This is the last time I'm saying it and the last time I'll be posting on this topic. IF you don't get it by now you never will and I'm not wasting my time.

The op wants to know WHY onyx isn't listed.
Beckett replied More popular and more heavily traded products take priority. "

Meaning according to them, the hundreds, thousands of failed prospects are more in demand than an onyx auto of profar, Buxton or whoever else in that product.

And since space is limited, we get to know that a 98 odalis Perez has a bv of XX INSTEAD of the bv for Buxton or a $100 desert shield Ryan.

Just to add: I've sold probably 20 boxes of onyx to my customers. How do you think they feel when beckett won't list them?

They might think it's because I sold them worthless unlicensed garbage when in reality it's because of space limitations.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MAGAZINE

i give up.

Seems that space isn't an issue on-line.This thread has taken more space than a product listing. I don't understand why Beckett doesn't price out 2013 Onyx on-line? There's enough space, ya-think?