`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Office w/Collection....

RE: My Office w/Collection....
(04-07-2014, 09:53 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: less boxes??? you have a half a case still coming in at the end of the month haha
True. I didn't say I was going to quit cold turkey ... I gotta ease myself out of the habit Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Like the layout Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I think a nice oak shelf over the window to get your attention when you walk in would be nice. As MATCHING wooden shelves, varying in length along the wall with something underneath them. I see you like cherry or mahogany wood. You can look around for shelves or just boards from the home stores and stain it. Its obvious you have the ability and skills to do a matching shelf unit. Maybe a bat or another self with the McFarland on it to go with the card above it. A story so to speak.
I would also consider a long acrylic display for your figures (it could have an open front. What that will do is keep the dust down dramatically. In a few years the tiny areas on them will be full of dust and unless you wash them they will start looking dull. There are all kinds of acrylic display boxes now and the top can act as a shelf for the lesser value figures.
While I love your shelf (I also had something like it) the figures on the bottom don’t get the observation they deserve because they are so low. Use the bottom for a box item or something you can face upward.
Change your figures around to different themes every couple of months and these won’t seem as if they are just blah from seeing the same thing over and over.
The wall where your shelf is makes a great spot for cards, it’s out of direct light The white shirt gets lost in the “light”. Switch it with the grey one. REMEMBER those lights get hot enough to start a fire (if it’s a halogen). If you have kids and obviously you have a cat or small dog be careful on how its balanced and make sure its not to close to the shirt.

Those were my suggestions. I have to say though, being someone who like things simple and not busy, I really like your color scheme and display ideas. I think your room looks like its by someone who dislikes clutter, likes things nice neat and not crowded. I like your room and other than the currton rod, putting something above the window and moving the lower figures-I wouldn’t change anything. Nice job!
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(04-08-2014, 06:30 AM)happy14027 Wrote: I think a nice oak shelf over the window to get your attention when you walk in would be nice. As MATCHING wooden shelves, varying in length along the wall with something underneath them. I see you like cherry or mahogany wood. You can look around for shelves or just boards from the home stores and stain it. Its obvious you have the ability and skills to do a matching shelf unit. Maybe a bat or another self with the McFarland on it to go with the card above it. A story so to speak.
I would also consider a long acrylic display for your figures (it could have an open front. What that will do is keep the dust down dramatically. In a few years the tiny areas on them will be full of dust and unless you wash them they will start looking dull. There are all kinds of acrylic display boxes now and the top can act as a shelf for the lesser value figures.
While I love your shelf (I also had something like it) the figures on the bottom don’t get the observation they deserve because they are so low. Use the bottom for a box item or something you can face upward.
Change your figures around to different themes every couple of months and these won’t seem as if they are just blah from seeing the same thing over and over.
The wall where your shelf is makes a great spot for cards, it’s out of direct light The white shirt gets lost in the “light”. Switch it with the grey one. REMEMBER those lights get hot enough to start a fire (if it’s a halogen). If you have kids and obviously you have a cat or small dog be careful on how its balanced and make sure its not to close to the shirt.

Those were my suggestions. I have to say though, being someone who like things simple and not busy, I really like your color scheme and display ideas. I think your room looks like its by someone who dislikes clutter, likes things nice neat and not crowded. I like your room and other than the currton rod, putting something above the window and moving the lower figures-I wouldn’t change anything. Nice job!
Those are great suggestions....exactly what I was looking for....all of those make great sense & agree with making those changes .... Thanks again Smile
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Here is an example of what I did with my shelves. My home office is WAY to small to really do any shelving that sits on the ground. Your 5 tier shelf is really cool though! I wish I had room for something like that.

[Image: 2DB0CC6F-CBB0-44C5-B3C3-52710D8D8C96_zpslot3j4xn.jpg]
eventually I am going to add a couple more shelves on the left side when I get more display cards

[Image: 112CC46F-795D-49E0-97C4-31D4E7C18D53_zpsfhymkmd5.jpg]

Something like this is awesome for saving space in a smaller room. It would be a good way to show-off your favorite mcfarlane combos. You could probably get 2-3 per tier on this one.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Something like this is awesome for saving space in a smaller room. It would be a good way to show-off your favorite mcfarlane combos. You could probably get 2-3 per tier on this one.

That's REALLY AWESOME .... I like the floating shelves a lot .... thats what I've been thinking about doing with my collection except I would have them wrapped around the room so that way I could feel like I'm being surrounded by greatness!!!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(04-08-2014, 09:11 AM)rollx8 Wrote: Something like this is awesome for saving space in a smaller room. It would be a good way to show-off your favorite mcfarlane combos. You could probably get 2-3 per tier on this one.

That's REALLY AWESOME .... I like the floating shelves a lot .... that what I've been thinking about doing with my collection except I would have them wrapped around the room so that way I could feel like I'm being surrounded by greatness!!!
Yeah I really like the looks of them as well, my office is designed so that I can really only use that one wall and corner, the rest is my desk and a closet.

It would be awesome to have them on all 4 walls though!

Just FYI I got all my shelving at Kohls, and they really werent priced that high at all.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%