`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
near 9.5
04-04-2014, 09:18 PM
near 9.5
I have two BGS graded cards that are both a 0.5 subgrade away from being graded a 9.5. One is a 1989 UD Ken Griffey Jr with three 9.5's and an 8.5 for surface. The other is a 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas with two 9.5's and 9's for corners and surface. What's the likelihood that a crack and regrade would come back as 9.5? I'd appreciate any advice people could give.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 06:59 AM
RE: near 9.5
(04-04-2014 09:18 PM)enseered Wrote:  I have two BGS graded cards that are both a 0.5 subgrade away from being graded a 9.5. One is a 1989 UD Ken Griffey Jr with three 9.5's and an 8.5 for surface. The other is a 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas with two 9.5's and 9's for corners and surface. What's the likelihood that a crack and regrade would come back as 9.5? I'd appreciate any advice people could give.

Since your low grades on both cards deal with the Surface subgrade, I highly doubt that you will get the sub bump. This is especially true because of the particular cards in question. IF you needed the Surface sub bump on a chrome card, or the like, I would say maybe, because you could crack it and wipe it down. But because its not, than I highly doubt that you'd get a sub bump.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
04-05-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: near 9.5
I say look it closer and see you see any reason for the grade. If you disagree, just resubmit for grading just the surface. I would have them crack it for $3 and keep your other sub grades. I saw another thread, someone cracked it and it went down from a 9 to an 8.5, why risk it?