`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW CAN I TELL TOPPS TIFFANY FROM A REGULAR TOPPS CARD

RE: HOW CAN I TELL TOPPS TIFFANY FROM A REGULAR TOPPS CARD
If I'm wrong someone correct me but I think all REGULAR issued (not update) tiffany cards don't say "printed in usa)

A lot of what has been previously stated is true. However, for some years it's virtualy impossible to distinguish the difference between regular Topps Traded and Topps Traded Tiffany by comparing scans of the card backs. And regular 1989 Topps Traded for instance seems to have more of a surface "sheen" than regular 1989 Topps base set. This can easily lead to confusion. Just went through a deal myself on a Griffey RC where I probably would've gotten ripped off had I not already had a bunch of Tiffanys. IMO the best way to familiarize one's self is to buy a handfull of commons from a reputable seller and get a feel for what they are.

(05-09-2014, 09:34 AM)seal006 Wrote: This and other forums are the best reference guides you can find. Post photos and ask questions. We all help each other. You will still sometimes ask a question that cannot be answered. Such as the one I asked about 1997 Score Hobby Reserve. I have a small stack of about 50 that have the gold foil stamp on the front, but the card number on the back does not have HR and then the number. In other words the front of the card looks like a Hobby Reserve parallel, yet the back looks like a regular issue.
1997 Score Hobby Reserve is a premium parallel to 1997 Score Series 2. The cards can be found with or without the HR prefix depending upon whether they were pulled from retail or hobby packs. So basically cards with and without the HR prefix are the SAME thing - base cards of Score Hobby Reserve. No real difference between the two.

Score Reserve Collection are the parallel inserts in the Hobby Reserve product. They have silver foil front background and are VERY hard to find.

Hope that helps a bit.

(04-03-2014, 09:09 PM)njjetfreak Wrote: IS THERE ANY SPECIAL MARKINGS, OR THE BACK OF CARD DIFFERENT IN ANY WAY?
I'm confused I found this link on Beckett.com

https://www.beckett.com/news/how-to-iden...ar-method/

This website states the easiest way to identify a Topps Tiffany is the star method, that one or more asterisks have to be in the body on the back of the card.