`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question on a member norcalcollectibles

RE: Question on a member norcalcollectibles
Just to poke the bear a little ... slander is spoken.

I think this would be more libel than slander.

However, given the "libeled" party's reluctance to coin a picture of his treasure or respond to the questions/messages of the OP and moderators, I'm guessing it's neither.
Kepler

(07-01-2017, 11:26 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Just to poke the bear a little ... slander is spoken.

I think this would be more libel than slander.

However, given the "libeled" party's reluctance to coin a picture of his treasure or respond to the questions/messages of the OP and moderators, I'm guessing it's neither.
Good point. Libel is printed, slander is spoken. Either way, I'm guessing its not going to matter, so far there's been nothing done by the accused to support the accused's case ....
And I apologize, in my last post I was misusing 'OP' in referencing NorCal ... Chrissa19978 was the OP and didn't do anything that i mentioned ... they just brought up the NorCal topic. Again, sorry Chrissa
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-02-2017, 02:42 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Good point. Libel is printed, slander is spoken. Either way, I'm guessing its not going to matter, so far there's been nothing done by the accused to support the accused's case ....
And I apologize, in my last post I was misusing 'OP' in referencing NorCal ... Chrissa19978 was the OP and didn't do anything that i mentioned ... they just brought up the NorCal topic. Again, sorry Chrissa
What if anyone/everyone making accusations are speaking the words out loud while typing them and they're overheard by the family parrot or one of those internet sensation dogs that can seemingly repeat back words?

Would animal testimony potentially bring it up to slander?
Kepler

Let's bring this back into focus...we want to keep out those that are dishonest and deceiving.