`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So yay or nay on National Treasures this year?

So yay or nay on National Treasures this year?
I have a case sitting at my LCS, is it even close to being worth opening? Really struggling on this one....opinions please!

RE: So yay or nay on National Treasures this year?
Shots of making your money back are slim, but if you do hit big, the cards are ridiculously beautiful. Id say if ya had some extra cash, go for it!

I'm not a big fan of this year's design, personally. If you got a case, chances are you've got at least one or two REALLY good cards in there that would help you get your money back, but overall I'm passing on it this year myself.

So I will answer my question......HELL NO! Totally stunned at all the white patches in a $500 a pack product. My "hits" were a Mathis Nike Swoosh #/2 and a Buffalo Rookie Nike Swoosh Auto #/2. Not EJ Manuel, it was the the receiver. Garbage scrubs everywhere. Stay away...........

I watched a big spender crack 4 boxes today and he did REALLY well! One box had 2 printing plates, including a Marino with sweet patch, and another had a Cowboys Swoosh /2! Also saw some huge multi-color patches.. I guess it's feast or famine, but this one order seemed really loaded..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

If I see a single I like, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll stay away. Too many printing plates and stickers for such an expensive product. Also, too many single colored patches on low numbered cards. Because every other card seems to be a swoosh or numbered to 5 or less, I don't think there's that much uniqueness in this product. If your best hits are the rookies, you're not getting money back unless it's Lacy.

Until Panini takes the time to get low numbered veterans and legends with on card autos.....I'll pass.

9.7 times out of 10 busting any product is a waste of money, very rarely are you going to get a big "hit" and even if you do its even less likely that its going to be of someone you collect. I do like the thrill of busting a box until its over and I realize I got maybe $20 worth of cards out of a box that cost me $100 plus. I really like the design of this years NT but it lacks the Big Name RC QBs that will drive a high end product like NT and give you a shot of hitting it big. There are a lot of good RBs but there are no $1000 RCs.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]