`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Shill Bid Identification Help

Possible Shill Bid Identification Help
I was watching this item and a bid came through as the highest bid which not that big of a deal. An hour later, the same person bidded again. I take a closer look at the bid list and see that they have under 10 feedback. I click on their ID and see that they have had 23 total bids on 14 items and 8% activity with this current seller in the past month. The seller have only list 34 items in the past month. Is it me or should I not think that it's not shill bidding because of his low score and this sellers activity?

Thanks for any comments.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

RE: Possible Shill Bid Identification Help
Did they bid, and then get outbid and bid again? I know that happens to me a lot. I will set my max bid higher than what the actual bid is so when someone else bids over me it automatically jumps me up and you never actually see the other person who outbid me originally.

Hope this makes sense haha
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

at 8% , more than likely it is not a shill bid, a shill bidder would have a higher percentage rate and they would also have a number of bid retractions
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(03-26-2014, 09:51 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: Did they bid, and then get outbid and bid again? I know that happens to me a lot. I will set my max bid higher than what the actual bid is so when someone else bids over me it automatically jumps me up and you never actually see the other person who outbid me originally.

Hope this makes sense haha

No, the just put in another bid on top of theirs.
(03-26-2014, 10:29 AM)shezdoni Wrote: at 8% , more than likely it is not a shill bid, a shill bidder would have a higher percentage rate and they would also have a number of bid retractions

Ah ha. It is just something about seeing people with a low amount of feedbacks to me.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

(03-26-2014, 10:29 AM)shezdoni Wrote: at 8% , more than likely it is not a shill bid, a shill bidder would have a higher percentage rate and they would also have a number of bid retractions
+1
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Thats not true at all...Most sellers have multiple accounts to cover their tracks...I have called out several Shill bidders with 8%-20% bidding activity...My friend Rob who had a IP chaser messaged a seller and tracked his IP address then later tracked 3 of the bidders 2 of the ip addresses came back to the sellers exact IP addy. IP trackers are not illegal to use and it saves one from getting shilled...I just won a Roger Maris bat card and i knew i was getting shilled so i stopped bidding...After the auction ended I get a second chance offer on a card that had 1 qty and i was outbidded minutes ago. I called him out and he didn't try to hide the fact but he sold me the card for my original first offer. IP changers also cloak sellers from the bay so they can have multiple accounts for shilling reasons...So 8% can be likely.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(03-26-2014, 12:32 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: Thats not true at all...Most sellers have multiple accounts to cover their tracks...I have called out several Shill bidders with 8%-20% bidding activity...My friend Rob who had a IP chaser messaged a seller and tracked his IP address then later tracked 3 of the bidders 2 of the ip addresses came back to the sellers exact IP addy. IP trackers are not illegal to use and it saves one from getting shilled...I just won a Roger Maris bat card and i knew i was getting shilled so i stopped bidding...After the auction ended I get a second chance offer on a card that had 1 qty and i was outbidded minutes ago. I called him out and he didn't try to hide the fact but he sold me the card for my original first offer. IP changers also cloak sellers from the bay so they can have multiple accounts for shilling reasons...So 8% can be likely.
Interesting...never heard of an IP chaser. How do you get one?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(03-26-2014, 12:55 PM)iconms Wrote: Interesting...never heard of an IP chaser. How do you get one?
There is different sites that offer different programs. Look up IP hider or cracker.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

Been noticing alot of shill bidders on ebay,

lose and item and see it again listed a week later.

Hope ebay takes a big stand against them as in the past.

But it is the start of baseball season so I would figure all of the dirt would come out in SPRING

(03-26-2014, 12:32 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: Thats not true at all...Most sellers have multiple accounts to cover their tracks...I have called out several Shill bidders with 8%-20% bidding activity...My friend Rob who had a IP chaser messaged a seller and tracked his IP address then later tracked 3 of the bidders 2 of the ip addresses came back to the sellers exact IP addy. IP trackers are not illegal to use and it saves one from getting shilled...I just won a Roger Maris bat card and i knew i was getting shilled so i stopped bidding...After the auction ended I get a second chance offer on a card that had 1 qty and i was outbidded minutes ago. I called him out and he didn't try to hide the fact but he sold me the card for my original first offer. IP changers also cloak sellers from the bay so they can have multiple accounts for shilling reasons...So 8% can be likely.
sellers that have multiple accounts CANT shill any more, and thats been true for 4 years now

the only way to shill is to have a grandfathered account with separate information. all accounts from the past 7-8 years must have credit card info, and any account with similar CC info (address, name, etc) that tries to bid on another account with similar info is automatically detected

the only shilling that goes on now is from "bought accounts": grandfathered accounts bought by a seller, or by having a friend bid on your stuff

shilling over the past 3 years is way way down. most cases of what people think is shilling isnt

edit: even the legendary shilling guilds have been ko'd in the past 3 years
also: IP addresses do not identify end users. ask viacom about that one