Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Please help me settle a disagreement about being a bad fan

RE: OT: Please help me settle a disagreement about being a bad fan
im just joshin' with you

philly fans are our (even more) foul mouthed cousins to the south. and while yall might have ha a fan intentionally puke on another fan, i guarantee we have UNintentionally puked on waaaaaay more folks

my great aunt lou is a hardcore phillies fan...took her to citizen's last year where they were celebrating the 1993 team. so we both got to piss on (metaphorically) curt schilling and papelbon

(03-26-2014, 07:07 AM)phillies816 Wrote: The Cardinals have a legacy of winning so I would be more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than I would the Phillies who have a legacy of losing.
I know what you are saying. I was pretty upset with the Cardinals AND Pujols for not agreeing to a new deal a few years ago. Since then, I am not really bothered by it. The Angels haven't made the playoffs since they signed him and STL won the WS without him in 2011 and made it back to the WS again in 2013. The Angels gave him a ton of benefits that the Cardinals refused to do. In the end, it looks like the Cardinals won that one.
STL has the second most WS championships and Philly was the first team to lose 10k games. That is why I mentioned the Carolina Panthers NFL team.
Their history is never having two straight winning seasons. They have only been around since 1994 but how can you go 19 years without 2 winning seasons in a row in that time. Every time they have a winning season, they lose a quarter of the team to free agency or freeing up cap space. They bring in players on a one year deal and let them walk away for greener pastures after having a really good season in Charlotte. They also draft players, develop them, and then let them leave after their 4 year RC contract is up. I have many examples but won't go into that here right now.
Anyway, a fan of any team in any sport can always find something to fuss about, but if they do it out of passion for the team - they are definitely a fan!

This post reminds me of the bleacher fans in Major League. I get that way when the A's suck. Usually I blame ownership, as Wolfe is a turd of an owner. But I'll get on Billy's case when his moves don't pan out. For example, when Choice is jacking 25-30 a year in Arlington and we are rebuilding in a couple of years I'll be complaining my arse off.

In my opinion there is nothing more annoying than an overly optimistic fan who thinks their team does no wrong! I experience that with a lot of my buddies who are Raiders fans, defending the Carson Palmer trade, Terrell Pryor trade and Matt Flynn trade to this day.

I suppose all you need to do to be a real fan is remain loyal to your team and not jump ship when the weather gets rough (Ahem... Giants fans in 2013).
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

lol do we all live in the same area?
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]