Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How long should I wait? - We've got resolution 4/14/14

How long should I wait? - We've got resolution 4/14/14
Greetings everyone.

Want to pick the collective brains of the boards here on a trade I'm waiting on.

I finalized a trade with a fairly established trader here on March 8. No name included yet, but he's got 100+ trades and 5 stars overall and 4.99 on everything else.

I shipped my end on the 8th and it was delivered on the 10th. His end hasn't been shipped, he hasn't responded to a couple of messages (simply asking for an update as to whether or not he's shipped) and now it appears he hasn't logged in since the 14th.

Really, I'm not overly concerned about the not shipping because things happen and I'm well aware of that. What does concern me is the not responding to messages or logging in any more.

So I guess my question is how long would you wait before contacting a mod or taking whatever the next step is?

Keep in mind, I'm not planning to go running to the cops like one or two members on here will almost surely suggest I do ... it's only about $75 on each side, so it wouldn't be worth anyone's time.
Kepler

RE: How long should I wait?
I'd say to the end of the month. Give him two weeks from the last time he logged on. If he logs on before then and you still don't get a response within a day, I would say amp it up.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

(03-24-2014, 09:13 AM)sfreinker Wrote: I'd say to the end of the month. Give him two weeks from the last time he logged on. If he logs on before then and you still don't get a response within a day, I would say amp it up.
I think that sounds pretty reasonable. Thanks.

Fortunately, this is the first time I've had anything even resembling an issue with trades here.
Kepler

I'm now almost to the point of amping things up a bit (it's now a full month since this deal was accepted and my end shipped). My trade partner finally responded to one of my messages ... on March 27, saying his end would go out by the end of the week. Still nothing.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was confused on the day of the week and he meant it was going out at the end of last week.

Even though it's not a big BV trade, I'm finding it very disappointing. He's got good feedback and the people he's traded with are a mix of people I've dealt with myself and/or active on the boards ... those are the deals that I always prefer. $60 BV on both sides is pretty small potatoes for most people's deals, but I typically go with much lower level deals and this is exactly why.

Oh well. Give him a couple more days and then I escalate things a bit. Isn't this about the time where people suggest I call the cops and send a SWAT team to his house? ;-)
Kepler

Screw SWAT. Tactical missile strike!!!!

It seems like you have been more than patient to this point. Any action you choose to take would be appropriate.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(04-08-2014, 10:44 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Screw SWAT. Tactical missile strike!!!!

It seems like you have been more than patient to this point. Any action you choose to take would be appropriate.
I didn't even think of missile strikes. That's a great thought. Who's got access to missiles?

But, for real, I've tried and continue to try and be patient on things here because life takes priority, but I think a month is pretty excessive.
Kepler

I've run into the same problem with a small handful of "good" traders. Some people think they can ship whenever they get around to it and will ignore your update requests or even just lie about when they shipped. Me personally, everything should get shipped out within a couple business days, if any longer than that the trader should be upfront about any delays, and stay in good contact. If they choose not to do that, they really aren't good traders. Waiting a month is ridiculous.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(04-08-2014, 10:54 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: I've run into the same problem with a small handful of "good" traders. Some people think they can ship whenever they get around to it and will ignore your update requests or even just lie about when they shipped. Me personally, everything should get shipped out within a couple business days, if any longer than that the trader should be upfront about any delays, and stay in good contact. If they choose not to do that, they really aren't good traders. Waiting a month is ridiculous.
I totally agree with this. I don't even like waiting to receive items when dealing with brand new traders ... something about not shipping within a day or two feels wrong to me. Kinda like on the rare occasion I sell something on ebay and am not able to ship on the next business day.

A little bit of communication goes a long way - at least for me, but I know some people need a little more than that. If someone lets me know there's a delay (they don't even have to really give me a reason aside from "life got in the way") I'm cool with it. Just that little message is more than enough for me.
Kepler

(04-08-2014, 10:54 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: I've run into the same problem with a small handful of "good" traders. Some people think they can ship whenever they get around to it and will ignore your update requests or even just lie about when they shipped. Me personally, everything should get shipped out within a couple business days, if any longer than that the trader should be upfront about any delays, and stay in good contact. If they choose not to do that, they really aren't good traders. Waiting a month is ridiculous.
agreed...I know people can be busy but it really doesnt take that long to package something up for shipping. And using Paypal.com/shipnow you dont even have to go to the PO.

If you are a slow shipper that is cool, but it should be something you tell your trade partner beforehand.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

My thought about when to send is this, if you are actively working on a trade, you should know that you'll need to send shortly after the trade is accepted. If you're in the middle of the work week, let them know you'll get it out by the weekend. I know my best days are Monday and Tuesday. I have it posted in my signature that mail days are Monday and Tuesday. If I can get it out sooner, I do, but otherwise, the next Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Don't accept a trade if you're not ready to pack them up shortly after.

Unfortunately, I'm to the point where I'm now considering taking things to the next level if I don't hear back from a trader soon. About three weeks since my end of the deal was sent and confirmed delivered to him.

Good luck!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!