`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How long should I wait? - We've got resolution 4/14/14

RE: How long should I wait?
Sounds to me like you've been more than generous and very patient. I'd up it if I were you.

I know new traders catch a lot of grief sometimes in people being vocal about them when issues arise but, personally, I believe the "good traders" and those that have been around here for awhile should know the ropes by now and be held to the same standard. Being a veteran of the site shouldn't give people a free pass to do whatever it is they please. Additionally, proper feedback should be left for everybody. Don't just leave a blanket 5 stars across the board just because. This part wasn't directed at you OP, just a general rant.

Hope all works out well for you in the end.

Just sent another message giving him to the end of the week to either send his end or my end back. At that point I'll take it to the mods and/or post his info here. Told him I didn't care about the extras he said he throw in, more apologies and excuses and just want it over with.

Ugh ... at least it took more than 100 trades on here to have a bad experience. Although, I might institute a new "small trades only with someone I haven't dealt with before regardless of their trade history" policy going forward.
Kepler

Your first issue is this should already have been brought to a moderators attention. Its over a month, this is not normal, its already in the bad trade category regardless of their feedback. If I was the other trader I would expect to get called out by now. You've been more than patient. If I were you I'd contact a moderator.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(04-09-2014, 11:30 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Your first issue is this should already have been brought to a moderators attention. Its over a month, this is not normal, its already in the bad trade category regardless of their feedback. If I was the other trader I would expect to get called out by now. You've been more than patient. If I were you I'd contact a moderator.
Had he not contacted me when I sent my initial "hey, what's going on with this" email, I already would have. Since he responded on a late Thursday night/early Friday morning with an apology and what I deemed to be a valid excuse (business travel) I gave him a "stay of execution" for lack of a better term.

But it's not been almost 2 weeks since that last message, so the time has come. Yesterday was the 1-month mark, so he's getting a month and 3 days.

First thing Friday - provided I don't have a DC for either my cards or my old cards - I contact a mod. Second, a post advising others to proceed with extreme caution.
Kepler

Well, my trade partner made contact with me the other day and promised it would be shipped and I'd have tracking info yesterday and if I didn't I could go to the mods. Yesterday came and went without that info, so I finally took it to that level.

Ugh. Both of his excuses are plausible and seem legit, but tomorrow marks 5 weeks. And when promised again that it would be shipped, I had to do it.
Kepler

It should have been done weeks ago. The problem with waiting to long to contact a mod is if they were a good trader that turned bad it would give them 5 weeks of ripping people off without warning. Thats why its key to contact a moderator or out them after about couple weeks. I'd really like to know who it is, there are already a small handful of people that feel they can ship whenever they want no matter how long it takes I am curious if this is already one of the people I no longer trade with because of long ship times and being dishonest about it. Feel free to pm me the ID if you don't feel comfortable posting it.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Yeah, I would like to know who it is as well.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(04-11-2014, 11:45 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: Yeah, I would like to know who it is as well.
+1
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(04-11-2014, 11:51 AM)aprirr Wrote: +1
Ditto
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

The trader in question is jbcollins87 ... I spoke with a mod this morning and he was gonna send an email, add a MSF to the account, all that good stuff.

He's been very apologetic, but hasn't followed through on anything, so I've got no problem posting it here.

And when/if the situation is resolved, I'll definitely update to make it known that he made things right.

I tried to remain patient (which I'm not very good at) because the reasons seemed legit and would be things I'd expect people to be understanding of, but 5 weeks is 5 weeks and he had his end within 2 days of acceptance.

Hopefully my next message/update on this will be the "I got my cards and all is right in the world" message.
Kepler