`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sub Grading question
03-22-2014, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2014 11:49 PM by johngt007.)
Sub Grading question
Can someone resubmit a card to regrade just one sub grade? I got this Lebron James card that I can't see why it get 8.5 for surface. I was wondering does BGS let you resubmit a card and keep other grades but just regrade one sub grade.

Even a .5 bump in surface will bring this card to 9.5 overall.

[Image: LBJ_back.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: Sub Grading question
(03-22-2014 11:47 PM)johngt007 Wrote:  Can someone resubmit a card to regrade just one sub grade? I got this Lebron James card that I can't see why it get 8.5 for surface. I was wondering does BGS let you resubmit a card and keep other grades but just regrade one sub grade.

Even a .5 bump in surface will bring this card to 9.5 overall.

[Image: LBJ_back.jpg]

No. IF you resubmit, all the other subgrades are graded again. I wouldn't resubmit it because there likely is a Surface scratch somewhere on the card.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
03-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Nolan5000 is incorrect. They do not re-grade the other subgrades if you send it in as a Graded Card Review. You can re-submit looking for a surface bump. You will have to pay for the graded card review and then they will charge you more money if it bumps depending on what service level you choose. If it doesn't bump, then you only pay for the graded card review and they attach a white removable sticker to the slab that shows what kept it from getting the bump.
Good Luck!
03-24-2014, 09:00 AM
(03-24-2014 08:46 AM)dwise25 Wrote:  Nolan5000 is incorrect. They do not re-grade the other subgrades if you send it in as a Graded Card Review. You can re-submit looking for a surface bump. You will have to pay for the graded card review and then they will charge you more money if it bumps depending on what service level you choose. If it doesn't bump, then you only pay for the graded card review and they attach a white removable sticker to the slab that shows what kept it from getting the bump.
Good Luck!

Oh Ok. I stand corrected. But I still wouldn't resubmit because there's probably a tiny surface scratch that caused the 8.5 Surface subgrade. Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

03-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Now the question is how much is the graded card review?
03-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Just an FYI to anyone who have the same question. I actually called Beckett grading service today and talked to a live person! She said you can regrade the sub-grade of your choice as long you note it on your line item., but it requires $3 charge for cracking the case open for them to regrade.
03-27-2014, 11:00 PM
i guess that's their way of saving time. charge you the full price, but they only look at the specified sub grade category. could grade higher or lower or the same.

Completed sets:
91-92 USA: Hoops, Skybox, Impel
91-92 UD Award Winner Holograms
92-93 Topps Beam Team, TSC Beam Team, Ultra (all inserts)
93-94 TSC Beam Team, Ultra (Famous Nicknames, Inside/Outside, Rebound Kings)
03-27-2014, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 11:54 PM by johngt007.)
The BGS case got some scratches on it. If it doesn't go grade higher, at least I get a cleaner casing. Wink

I think it might worth the risk.
03-28-2014, 06:21 AM
(03-27-2014 11:53 PM)johngt007 Wrote:  The BGS case got some scratches on it. If it doesn't go grade higher, at least I get a cleaner casing. Wink

I think it might worth the risk.

I don't, but that's just me. By the way, reslabbing costs just $5.