`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Custom Booklet

My First Custom Booklet
Okay everyone - I've been laboring over this for quite some time now. The learning curve / research / testing / time / materials has been huge, but here it is:

Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire Custom Dual Patch Booklet!

I started out designing in Photoshop, of course. I was working on another for someone, and ended up using similar artwork, but changed it to meet the needs of my personal collection. I found a GREAT picture, of the Bash Brothers doing the bash. I'm very happy with how the graphics turned out.

[Image: 20140319_193440.jpg]

Then, after I got everything lined up, I printed this bad boy out ....Oh crap! I forgot to photoshop out my '90 Donruss Frank Thomas Rated Rookie. Now everyone is going to know it's a fraud!!!!

[Image: 20140319_174440.jpg]

Chop, chop!

[Image: 20140319_182713.jpg]

I admit, it got hard here. I wanted to stop and just have these 2 as standalone cards. But, I kept going ...

[Image: 20140319_193243.jpg]

Mmmmmm....Pizza....cutter...???

[Image: 20140320_215850.jpg]

All done! The outside of the booklet

[Image: 20140321_091609.jpg]

[Image: 20140321_091507.jpg]

[Image: 20140321_091529.jpg]

[Image: 20140321_091332.jpg]

And the money shot ...
[Image: 20140321_091553.jpg]

I'm happy with how it came out for my first try. I just might do one without patches, and see if I can get them to sign them. The word on the street is that McGwire will NOT sign anything with Canseco on it, so I'll have to have him get it signed as a standalone card, then bind it up later.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

RE: My First Custom Booklet
Do you make these for other people and charge?...I see a guy on the Bay that makes them...If you ever start making them on the side let me know...I would love some custom Yankees made...I'll provide the Yankees jersey
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

pm sent!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

Big Mac may be disgusted that Jose gets all the face time and all you can see of Mac is the back of his head. You've forged everything else. Why not forge the sigs?

I think it looks great. You did a good job. I hope you kept your pants on this time while working with the exacto knife.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-21-2014, 01:18 PM)zeprock Wrote: Big Mac may be disgusted that Jose gets all the face time and all you can see of Mac is the back of his head. You've forged everything else. Why not forge the sigs?

I think it looks great. You did a good job. I hope you kept your pants on this time while working with the exacto knife.
I decided to wear protective pants while doing this one. You know, I loved the pic so much, but hated Mac having to have his back to the card. That is why I decided to put their faces on the cards.

Very nicely done.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Very professional!! Looks really good. Start working for Topps, they need you!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.