`
 (Toll Free)
Thread Closed 
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Mislabeled BGS 9.5 Triumvarite Illuminators! BECKETT STAFF PLEASE LOOK!
03-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Mislabeled BGS 9.5 Triumvarite Illuminators! BECKETT STAFF PLEASE LOOK!
$$$~I posted this on the Basketball forum, it might do better here~$$$

I've been researching the Triumvirate illuminator's after buying and selling one and finding out I sold an incorrectly labelled Luminescent as an Illuminator!

I took a big loss on the card and had to pay out of my own pocket to make it right for the buyer... A $600 loss!

I now have the incorrectly labelled Luminescent back and would like it to be labelled correctly! Even though it will cause me to lose even more money on it!

I would like to hear from (BECKETT STAFF) on this matter because after looking into the Illuminators recently for sale I have noticed at least 4 to be incorrectly labelled and this inconsistency has and will continue to cost collectors money in buying and over paying for the wrong cards!

Below are pics to see the difference in an Illuminator(left) to a Luminescent(right)...Looking down from the top view....

*Notice both cards are BGS 9.5 and Labelled as Illuminator!

[Image: IMG_2106_zpsfc1398b4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2111_zps2bd71281.jpg]

Back is the best way to tell the difference!
[Image: IMG_2116_zpsb5e21c0f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2117_zpsfb5942ed.jpg]

Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
03-19-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Mislabeled BGS 9.5 Triumvarite Illuminators! BECKETT STAFF PLEASE LOOK!
Sorry to hear about that issue but good lord do you have a heck of a collection in your sig. 90s Jordan inserts, in that grade specifically............WOW.
03-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Those staffers have no time to look at this message board its why I am here. The email is askbgs@beckett.com if you care to send them an email regarding the issue.

If you'll trust me to fix it for you - I'll send in on one of my bulk subs and get it fixed FREE of charge for you as a mislabel. Would cost you just $2 or so to send it to me in the mail in a bubble mailer. I'll handle the rest.

FYI from your pics I cannot tell they are horrible.

Jeff

SUGGESTIONS SUBMIT IT HERE !!

Mod Team member
03-23-2014, 05:17 AM
(03-22-2014 11:26 PM)jeffv96masters Wrote:   Those staffers have no time to look at this message board its why I am here. The email is askbgs@beckett.com if you care to send them an email regarding the issue.

If you'll trust me to fix it for you - I'll send in on one of my bulk subs and get it fixed FREE of charge for you as a mislabel. Would cost you just $2 or so to send it to me in the mail in a bubble mailer. I'll handle the rest.

FYI from your pics I cannot tell they are horrible.

Jeff

You seriously can't see the difference on the back of those cards?

So....I'm from Australia and the only way I'll send anything to the U.S is via EMS which will cost me $55...

Great so, i'll add the $55 to total of $600 I've already lost on the card...

Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Beckett, I can have a card that is already labelled as an Illuminator get re-slabbed as a Luminescent affectively making the card worth another $500 less...

What about the other 3 I have found that are also mislabelled?
Who cares it's not Beckett's problem at all they are just the company that graded them, of course that's means nothing...

If this is the kind of response I can expect from Beckett as a company, I'll no longer be a customer.

03-23-2014, 10:47 AM
The reply was my own and I speak for myself.
I handed you the email to send the BGS staff your issues.

askbgs@beckett.com

They will answer you on how to resolve your issue.

I'll remove myself from assisting you in this matter,,,,,

Just for the sake of maybe someone else trying to learn about the difference- read below.

Illuminator is acetate with a refractor finish front and back where portions of the card that do not have foil allow the acetate to show light through the card-- "illuminating" it. Again-- the areas that do NOT have foil allow the card to sort of "light up" . The non covered portions will appear less "lit up".

The "Luminescent" on the other hand is all bright completely. It shines throughout the card very brightly.

Good luck and best wishes,
Jeff

Mod Team member
03-23-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't understand how you lost $600 to a customer. Why would you give someone $600 for a mislabeled card you sold? Return...Refund... Don't see $600....

Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC
03-23-2014, 05:08 PM
(03-23-2014 02:23 PM)branesergen Wrote:  I don't understand how you lost $600 to a customer. Why would you give someone $600 for a mislabeled card you sold? Return...Refund... Don't see $600....

+777 Great point!!

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
03-23-2014, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 05:45 PM by hegotgame1515.)
(03-23-2014 02:23 PM)branesergen Wrote:  I don't understand how you lost $600 to a customer. Why would you give someone $600 for a mislabeled card you sold? Return...Refund... Don't see $600....

I bought the card for $1050, I sold it for $1650.

I had to refund the entire amount of $1650 after the buyer found out it wasn't an Illuminator and was just a Luminescent mislabelled...

$600 loss on profit, not to mention I have $1050 in the card now that i'll never get back...

That is not even taking into account the further LOSS im going to take getting the card Re-slabbed as Luminescent which is worth far less than an Illuminator by a lot $...

All that is irrelevant!

I don't really care about that at the moment, the total disregard on the problem in the first response has put me off collecting BGS altogether..
So it's no trouble to have the card re-slabbed, but no-one addresses the actual issue at hand...And what about the other ones I have seen mislabelled?
Who cares right?

I tried that BS email address and it wont let me send ANYTHING to them at all, it's the same problem I had when I was trying to set up my first grading order years ago, rejected by server~rejected by server~rejected by server....

Seriously disappointed in this thread and the issues at hand....

Oh and before anyone else jumps in....

I also bought another REAL Illuminator in BGS 9.5 and sold the card for LESS than what I paid to make it right for my buyer!

My paypal account went through $143,000 last year buying and selling and trading only BGS 9.5 MJ inserts...

Some people have integrity as buyers/sellers...Beckett might want to look the word up to see what is means...

Do I need to explain anything else that has nothing to do with the issue? FFS

03-23-2014, 05:58 PM
I have provided your user ID info to Jeromy Murray the Director of Grading = expect someone to contact you during the week.

Good luck and as stated prior I'll step aside,,,,
Jeff

Mod Team member
03-24-2014, 07:30 AM
(03-23-2014 05:58 PM)jeffv96masters Wrote:   I have provided your user ID info to Jeromy Murray the Director of Grading = expect someone to contact you during the week.

Good luck and as stated prior I'll step aside,,,,
Jeff

Ok, I've calmed down now...

I hope to get a response from the person you said, as this has really got me in position where I have lost faith in the company.

I'm a very big MJ BGS 9.5 collector with something like 250-280 mid-high end MJ cards and 30 or so cards off the complete set of 1986-87 Fleer all in 9.5!

Perhaps I over reacted, well ok I did, I just felt like the real issue was ignored and getting the card re-slabbed wasn't the major issue and also the fact I'm from Australia getting cards graded is an ordeal to say the least, not only that, the email address you provided really got me mad after typing a novel of information only for it to be rejected and not sent through!

To the other guys in this thread that asked somewhat simple questions, I apologise for being rude and abrupt...

Gary.

Thread Closed