`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps replacement policy

RE: Topps replacement policy
Good luck buddy, i have always been a bug supporter of topps and mostly stick to their products but the customer service at topps just plain sucks. for a multi million dollar company to have what 4-5 customer service people is bs. everytime you call it always says u are 2nd thru 5th in line but it takes 45 minutes. i dont get how it could take that long if they have a whole cs dept. from my 4 calls to them in the past year i talked to same guy 3 times. either way i hope u get something nice. good luck
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I mean this in the kindest way possible but REALLY!? Why would you go and "unload" on a representative who has no association with the cutting process. You could've saved your self some time and bought one for $2 shipped or traded for one on here. Just my opinion. Not trying to start anything.

(03-19-2014, 10:39 PM)Baseballkid1999 Wrote: I mean this in the kindest way possible but REALLY!? Why would you go and "unload" on a representative who has no association with the cutting process. You could've saved your self some time and bought one for $2 shipped or traded for one on here. Just my opinion. Not trying to start anything.
so he only should complain if it was a $50 card. i agree with op, topps needs to replace the card. it should of been handled when he sent it in the first time
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(03-18-2014, 09:35 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Hi all,

This is sort of a continuation from earlier this month when I opened a box of Topps Tribute. I think I may have mentioned I am trying to put a base set together, as I really like the cards. Anyway, out of 1 pack I pulled a Larry Doby base card that was very off cut at the bottom. Well, since I had other things to mail, I wrote out a letter, sent along the card and the UPC code from the bottom of the box. Well, today I received an envelope from Topps; I was happy, thinking "oh boy, either one of my redemptions or the Doby replacement". Well it turned out to be the original Doby card sent back, and a form? letter from Topps saying they couldn't replace a previous year set card.

Well, this made me a little bit angry, as I had talked to a CS person at Topps who told me to send it in. Well, I immediately grab my phone and gave Topps a call. It did not go well for anyone. He told me about the no replacement policy for previous year's cards. Well, I unloaded on the poor guy. First I said, "look, you're sure happy to sell a box of 2013 Tribute now, but you won't replace it." Then I told him how unhappy I was, for a $200 per box price, I wasn'[t happy first off to get a mis cut card, and secondly that they wouldn't replace it. I was just about ready to tell him where he could stick the card when he asked me for my address. I gave it to him, and then he said he was going to send me a "care package", his term.

So, we'll see what happens, first to see if I even get anything, and then secondly, what I get. I'll keep you all posted on my quest.
Well, I got the '"care package" today. 5 packs of 2012 Bowman. I guess I'll let you folks decide whether this was enough.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Well.....what was inside them? Lol, that's what really matters! Hope you're happy with it

I would say you made out pretty good, you could prolly open all the packs and trade a couple of the base for the card you have that's miscut and keep the rest
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

I say that is a pretty fair deal as well. Considering the card you wanted replaced was only a couple bucks, I'd say five packs is a really fair trade. Hope you hit something really nice.