`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Great flip. Jeter for Will Clark eye black

Great flip. Jeter for Will Clark eye black
Got this Jeter auto out of a mark down box about 5 or 6 years ago for $29.99. Traded just the auto in the picture.
[Image: jeter.jpg]

Traded for this 1/1 a little while later.
[Image: clark1.jpg]

Sold the 1/1 for $325 on ebay 2 weeks ago. And bought this for $200 which just got here in the mail today.

So from $30 box I got an amazing card and $125 cash left over.
[Image: willclarkeyeblack.jpg]

RE: Great flip. Jeter for Will Clark eye black

It's nice when a plan comes to fruition Smile
Congrats on some great trading/selling!
What is that piece of black material on the card? Batting glove?

PS: personally, I'd have kept the Jeter Auto in the first place Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-18-2014, 05:57 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's nice when a plan comes to fruition Smile
Congrats on some great trading/selling!
What is that piece of black material on the card? Batting glove?
Are you referring to the eye black?
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(03-18-2014, 05:59 PM)clarkzac Wrote: Are you referring to the eye black?
D'oh! Eye black!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yeah it's eye black. Something new for this year.Will Clark is the only one who signed the eye black though. Mattingly put hit man, Middlebrooks put boston strong, Trout ROY 10, Wright put lets for mets, Matt Williams put WS champs 2001. I think there is like 10 players that have them. But oddly enough Bryce Harper doesn't.

You should totally spend that 125.00 on a jeter auto now for the full circle
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Though about it. But told the wife she could have the rest. That's how I justified the $200 card. She wouldn't have been happy with me buying a card for that even though I sold one for way more.

(03-18-2014, 07:42 PM)mstrawn Wrote: Though about it. But told the wife she could have the rest. That's how I justified the $200 card. She wouldn't have been happy with me buying a card for that even though I sold one for way more.
very smart guy......keeping the wife happy, makes you a happier guy......Smile
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(03-18-2014, 08:25 PM)elberson Wrote: very smart guy......keeping the wife happy, makes you a happier guy......Smile
Elberson I second that lol
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

That Clark eye black card is just about as awesome as they can make a modern day auto'd card. And it's abonus that you got two auto's, peel off the eye black, make a custom and you still have a Clark auto /5 Smile (don;t do that though)
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]