`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It doesn't happen often but when it does......

It doesn't happen often but when it does......
I won/paid for a card off the Bay on March 3rd. Went along with my normal routine but then noticed around March 12th I still had not received the card. I shot an email to the seller asking if my payment was received correctly or if there was any problem with the card. The seller responded the same day stating that he had completely forgot about the card and asked if I still wanted it. I still wanted the card and the seller stated he would send out the card immediately with a tracking number. Well it's now March 18th and the seller has not emailed me a tracking number or an update about the card. I recently emailed the seller one last time in the hopes to resolve this problem without the help of eBay.
P.S. The seller is charging me $5.50 for shipping on a single card.

RE: It doesn't happen often but when it does......
Depending on the size (graded card slab) or value, he might be shipping it in a small, flate rate Priority box ($5.80) that comes with tracking and insurance. So $5 might be reasonable ... At this point, as long as you get the card, right? If not, file a complaint and just get your money back.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-18-2014, 06:01 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: At this point, as long as you get the card, right?
Hoping to get the card. We'll see what happens.

$5.50 shipping for a single card is ridiculous unless the seller is shipping from outside the US. I understand that someone could ship using a flat rate box which would cost more, but they should state that in their description if that's the case.
If you don't get the card or hear back soon I would start filing the item not received form with eBay, as sometimes a seller needs that kind of reminder to get something in the mail.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I finally filed an "Item not received" through eBay. I really wanted the card but now hoping for a full refund.

That sucks that they aren't coming through with the card. I refuse to pay anything over 3.50 for shipping for single cards or lots no matter how bad I want the item. When I sell anything high priced I offer free shipping and eat the cost and on the smaller cards it's 2.50/3 dollars depending on whether it's shipped in a toploader or one touch. People who gouge on shipping are a holes.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(03-19-2014, 01:42 AM)Haze28 Wrote: When I sell anything high priced I offer free shipping and eat the cost and on the smaller cards
X2

Just tell everybody the sellers name was renfrow831 and your thread will increase haters by 10000%