`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
anyone have trader/sellers remorse?

anyone have trader/sellers remorse?
has anyone ever gotten rid of a card they were willing to get rid of only to then feel guilty for getting rid of it?

i've done that a couple of times here the last couple of months, but at least i'm getting better versions of them back lol!
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

RE: anyone have trader/sellers remorse?
I don't regret it, but I once traded an 11 Lineage /10 Stan Musial Auto for a couple of Verlander 2006 autos. Then he passed away a few days later. So I basically traded this: http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2011/top...al-8246902

For these:
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2006/art...00-5582271

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2006/spx...rc-5659776

and if I remember correctly some other base needs, and I threw in an IP Roy Halladay Auto that I picked up at a card show as part of a lot...

...and then the HOF passed away right after I did it. I don't collect Cardinals, Musial, or HOF, but I do collect Tigers and Verlander. No matter what the value of the card you have, if it is something that does not really interest you then if you can use it to get some things that you do collect and it does interest you then why the regret? Yes wait a bit and Musial's auto could have commanded more, but then I wouldn't have the 2 cards I want.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

It usually happens for me in a money crunch. I work retail so money becomes an issue now and then. What's the first thing I sell to make some extra cash? Cards. So many cards I wish I could have back

I sorta regret trading my Mike Trout rookie when it was valued at $2.50.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

For me, I rarely trade or sell because there isn't much out there that people have that I really want. But one of my first sales I do regret. There was a shop at this mall in Maryland that I shopped at when I was a teen and in my early 20's. They opened a pack of 2001 Fleer Platinum in front of me and this sweet Greg Maddux patch was in there that was so thick, it really stuck out of the card. I bought it from them for $30 before it was even priced in Beckett. Anyway I sold it to a collector at a card show that summer for $30 along with a few other cards totaling $120. I am still looking for that card because I want it back. The patches in that set (Fleer Patch Time) is really rare where they are actually mostly jerseys dispite the name of the set. I didn't know that back in 2001 and it was my first patch ever. I know I won't find it again but it don't stop me from looking for it.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

Seeing as how I cannot remember what I received in trade, I must have done this at least twice. I once traded away the 1984-85 Star Crunch N Much Basketball set and later on a 1996 Leaf Signature Extended Series Derek Jeter Autograph. Because I can't even remember what I traded to get for these, I must have traders remorse.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Two cards I regret,
My 2009 sweet spot jeter auto for a sticker Maddux auto I ended up selling
My 2005 ultimate dual sigs griffey/jeter as part of a huge trade for a ton of hof autos
I'm sure there the others but those two still sting
no org, please do not send trade requests

I sold my Paul Goldschmidt collection right before he blew up and It was the worst mistake of my life! Breakdown of what I lost below

20 1/1's
12 plates
26 mem cards
46 auto's
54 sn cards
over 2000.00 bv total
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(03-17-2014, 11:52 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: I sold my Paul Goldschmidt collection right before he blew up and It was the worst mistake of my life! Breakdown of what I lost below

20 1/1's
12 plates
26 mem cards
46 auto's
54 sn cards
over 2000.00 bv total
I remember that actually. That guy hit a ball in Philly that still hasn't landed. I made my brother watch the at bat at the ballpark. It was soon after his callup to MLB.

My card would be 2001 Topps Heritage Time Capsule #WF Whitey Ford. I traded it for a another card i can't remember but i cannot find this card again to save my life...There is one on the bay for $39.00 and thats way over book. I really want that card back Sad
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]