`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1996 donruss press proofs

1996 donruss press proofs
So on my trek to complete the Marino master set I run into cards that drive me nuts... "supposedly" common cards that I never see. I'm starting to realize that Beckett screw ups are responsible for quite a lot of lost time. Case in point: 1996 Donruss Press Proofs. I've been looking for the Marino checklist for .... oh, about 17 years. I'm starting to realize that it's likely the Donruss set checklists DIDN'T have a press proof parallel. I finally started looking for the Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice CL in press proof version as a test and I can't find them either. Anyone have a confirmation in either direction?
I'm about to put this right next to the 95 Team Pinnacle dufex back as all time worst checklist errors.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

RE: 1996 donruss press proofs
Being /2000 it's pretty likely a mistake or you would have seen one by now. There are a bunch of the elways and others, regular i mean not cl. I did a search for the hell of it and couldn't find any cl press proofs.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

Yeah, my thoughts exactly... I'm putting it in the beckett error column... or more correctly, the Donruss error column.
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Call it both! Makes me wonder sometimes when i search for old elways and can never find them. Especially the ones that dont have low print runs or no print run at all.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

As much as it pains me to tell you this...... as I am looking for the Press Proof as well.... The Checklist is one that is sooooooooooooooo easy to miss it is not funny. The card shop I worked at when I was 13 pulled an Emmitt. No Die cut. No markings. Only way you could see it was the Gold logo and the silver lettering was gold. It does not even say Press Proof. It was mixed in with the base I was sorting, and I noticed it.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Finally, I have one thanks to Sedopowers !!! Big thanks to you, my man.
Marinocollector, you were spot on as usual... I probably had this at some point and didn't even know it. Gold logo, gold lettering and it's VERY subtle.
Now let's see how many times I have to submit it to PSA before they get it labeled correctly, I'll set the over/under at 2.5 LOL
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(03-26-2014, 04:17 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: Finally, I have one thanks to Sedopowers !!! Big thanks to you, my man.
Marinocollector, you were spot on as usual... I probably had this at some point and didn't even know it. Gold logo, gold lettering and it's VERY subtle.
Now let's see how many times I have to submit it to PSA before they get it labeled correctly, I'll set the over/under at 2.5 LOL
I hate you. LOL.

I've been searching for one forever. LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(03-26-2014, 05:29 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: I hate you. LOL.

I've been searching for one forever. LOL.
Next one I find will be going down South... a lot easier when you know what you're looking for.
-- WANT LIST LINK --