`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any ideas on donating hockey sets?

Any ideas on donating hockey sets?
Hi, I live in Calgary and i have about 45 subsets and sets that just aren't selling on Kijiji. My neighbor suggested to donate them to a good cause. Do you guys have any ideas? Does any charities come to mind? Lmk and thanks!

RE: Any ideas on donating hockey sets?
Battered women's shelters. Lots of these ladies have kids. That's where lots of my cards go here in the U.S. Just make sure you call and see that it's okay first, as men are generally not even allowed in the building, understandably. Take some team bags, load them up, and drop them off. If a worker asks some child that just went into hiding from his Father or his Mother's Boyfriend, "Hey, would you like a pack of hockey cards?" it might just make his or her week during that very, very tough time.

I've almost got a 5,000 count box filled-up again of things I don't need and nobody else seems to want. It's about time for me to head over again. Thanks for reminding me!

Beyond that, you might consider a homeless shelter, as well. Some kid who has nothing and suddenly gets handed 10-20 cards might actually smile. You don't get to see the kids, obviously, but these places always send "Thank You" notes. I keep them to help me remember what I have and how easy it is for me to help others that are less fortunate than I am right now.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

A Children's Hospital is always a good spot. I donate to my local hospital annually.
Last Chance Willie

[Image: vkqcf.png]

Haha, Dan I messaged you on Kijiji yesterday. Small world lol. I am definitely interested in some of the sets, I just need a sec to go over the list again! However, I absolutely support you donating them!

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Jonathani I have decided to donate to the YWCA. I think id like to help those young kids that go into the shelter. Maybe i can lift some spirits.