`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake listed?

Fake listed?
There's a Bowman Platinum Puig Orange Auto listed on the bay right now that I think is a fake. Can anyone check it out and let me know what you think? He's representing that it's /5 just like the listing in the price guide on this site but it's a sticker, and I don't think this card is a sticker auto. Also, there is no s/n like the pretty much every other platinum s/n'd card. Even the orange non-autos have a s/n in the bottom right corner. Does anyone know if action can be taken against someone who is knowingly trying to sell a fake card?
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

RE: Fake listed?
I don't know about this specific card, but the seller has some legitimate heavy hitter stuff up for auction along with this card... I would of course do more investigating before purchase etc., but I'd have no reason to suspect its a fake. It's a national convention redemption so it might not follow the regular platinum mold re: on-card or SN#'d. A good chunk of their #'d stuff is just announced.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Ok. I've only been back in the hobby for a year or so, so I'm still learning some of the finer details. I figured this card, despite being a NCC redemption would follow the same general appearance the other cards do. I guess I'll know when I get mine. That's another reason I thought it was fake because these were only signed about a month ago and I know Topps is way behind with their redemptions. I'm in line to get one of these when they figure everything out and until this point had only seen the redemptions listed. I can't find on this site whether it is a sticker auto or on-card.

I went and saw the A's up in Phoenix last weekend, got a couple sigs while I was there, which was a huge bonus. I gotta say that the A's players are great with the fans, really nice, chat up the season ticket holders and go out of their way to get balls to a bunch of fans. Class all the way.
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

The card you are talking about appears to be a redemption auto from the Orange National Convention set. Autos in this set were all serial #'ed to either 5 or 10 copies. Every one I've seen was a sticker auto but I'm not sure why the one in question is not serial numbered. My opinion is that the card is real.
Master set builder always looking for SP's from Heritage, A&G, and Goudey
also c
ollecting all things Claudell Washington and Justin Ruggiano
http://s243.photo
bucket.com/albums/ff230/heatert/

It also says Topps Certified auto issue on it that would be hard to fake. Also says in the description that the stated print run is out of 5.