`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseballkid1999. Putting this out there

Baseballkid1999. Putting this out there
I accepted a trade with him on 2/23. I shipped my cards the next day but the PO processed them on the 25th. I got his end of the deal within a few days. NO ISSUES. He messages me a few days later and asked where his card was

This bothered me because I posted in the messages the tracking like I always do. I checked and it said that it was in Tampa which is only 15 miles away from where I dropped it off. I called the PO and the gave me the "it must be the weather" line and said he should have it yesterday or today.

Today I looked and see this.

[Image: 35e143d5097c3543f2cd2a6783686fef_zpse56269ef.jpg]

I am NOT putting this out there to make anyone look bad, I just wanted this to be known just in case.

Baseballkid1999 I am really sorry your card has not got to you yet.

RE: Baseballkid1999. Putting this out there
It's all good man! I understand it's not your fault! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I had a shipment from Oregon to Georgia that took 5 weeks for the trader to receive it. I think the postal service brought out the horses out of retirement or walked it there. Similar kind of tracking history ;-)
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Yeah, I've got a trade that I sent out a few days after my trade partner and the tracking is showing his cards delivered. Mine however seem to be lost in PO purgatory. They looked like they would be here today, but they are in a completely different sort facility in Maryland than they were yesterday...they went further away! What the what? After my Mailing Trades post I'm using bubble mailers and tracking from here on out. No way I want to be stuck without any way of trying to find out where my mail went.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

Yeah... Mail has been crazy... I have some that tracking says expected delivery date is the same date that it was entered as mailed?

I had one that said it was out for delivery in a city that is no where near me, then said it could not be delivered before showing up at my house three days later.

I had a trade that took 5-6 weeks for my cards to get to the other end. Very happy the other trader was understanding. All ended well.

Having worked in the transportation industry for a long time, most of these issues of caused by human error. Someone puts a bin in the wrong trailer and it goes to the wrong sort facility and needs to be sent back to be resorted the the correct one, which can take days to correct.
Sometimes there is just to much stuff going to one area, trailers fill up and some stuff is left on the dock for the next day or the day after the next. Companies are not going to send backup trailers unless its cost effective.

Sometimes packages just get misplaced or fall into a catch bin and are not put back into service until someone does what they are supposed to do and walk the belts and sort area looking for packages that may get caught up.
I remember finding about a dozen next day and 2 day air envelopes dating over a year old mixed in with some loose papers jammed up in a conveyor belt catch bin in an area we no longer used I don't even remember the reason I even looked in there. But I sent them on their way....I'm sure the recipients where dumbfounded when the packages arrived after so long.

I recall an industrial plastic pallet that we used for years staging packages on. It was red instead of the numerous brown ones we has throughout the warehouse. One day I by chance lifted it up on its side and noticed a destination address and barcode. Yep, it was a shipment that was left as bulk outside the trailer to be loaded at the tail end. Except, everyone working in the area at the time must have assumed it was just another pallet to be used to stage packages on. And there it sat for 5 years until I came along one day and flipped it upside down by chance.
And yes...I sent that one on its way too. 5 years late is better then never I guess. Plus I'm sure he got his claim paid out on that at some point for a lost shipment.

It's hard to explain and even harder to imagine what the inside of major sort facilities look like if you have never been in one. They are just miles and miles of conveyor belts running all over the place of these huge buildings. Tens of thousands of packages even hundreds of thousands moving through them everyday, some facilities even more.

When it comes to mailing and shipping stuff...nothing surprises me.

I had a trade with 23isit take 8 months. Had dc and everything. Just disappeared
no org, please do not send trade requests