`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1985 Moses Malone card help.

1985 Moses Malone card help.
Need help with a card. Have a 1985 Star Lite All-Star Moses Malone card. My issue is that it card #4, not #5 as listed in the guide, and it has a white front with red trim and not blue as indicated. Back is also red, not blue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

RE: 1985 Moses Malone card help.
A picture will help.

Here is what the 1985 Star Lite All-Star Moses Malone card looks like:
[Image: %24_57.JPG]

There is also a Crunch N Munch version with a different border that looks like this:
[Image: !BjD2-oQBmk~%24(KGrHqIOKi4Er)63BvfpBLR85p3D-!~~_1.JPG]

They actually originally used the image in the 83-84 set, which had a red border as shown below:
[Image: %24(KGrHqEOKpIE24gPyk0rBN1B7NhhN!~~_3.JPG]

His 85-86 Star card had a white border with red trim and red lettered back, as shown here:

I am not sure if your card looks like any of those except different trim, or if yours has a completely different picture. There were a bunch of different Star sets put out, and there are plenty that aren't in Beckett's database. If you post pictures of the front and back then someone here should be able to help you figure it out. By the way, you have to post the picture from Photobucket or some other image hosting site, as the "ATTACHMENT" feature of this forum doesn't work.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Here's the card I have. Thank you.

photo 006_zpsae2cf9e1.jpg

photo 002_zpsac979380.jpg

I haven't seen that one before, but I am not an expert on Star cards. Hopefully someone else here can help out more. Thanks for posting the pics.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

djohn, thanks for helping the newbie.

You're welcome. I wish I could've been more help, and am surprised that no one else has chimed in.

I guess I'll just hold onto it for the time being. I'm sure something will turn up.