`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
So...looks like I need to sell my entire collection lol

So...looks like I need to sell my entire collection lol
So I walk into my LCS yesterday just before closing...the owner looks up at me, gives me a little smirk, and tells me that he finally found some stuff I'd been asking for, so I can stop complaining...he hands me a small stack of cards...I'm not overly impressed...a couple beat up t206s (no one big), some PC base, etc

I get to the very bottom of the stack and almost drop everything...

A Historic Autographs Pride of the Yankees Babe Ruth cut signature (PSA/DNA certified of course). Needless to say I almost dropped the stack!

And his price...3500.

I tried trading him my car...but apparently he wasn't interested in a Saturn ion lol

Looks like I'll have to try and sell my collection now lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: So...looks like I need to sell my entire collection lol
I'd probably get a part time job to cover the cost. That way, you could add to your collection instead of selling it. Win-win!
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

You could offer to be his indentured servant until it is paid off
[Image: Boston.jpg]

(03-09-2014, 07:19 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: So I walk into my LCS yesterday just before closing...the owner looks up at me, gives me a little smirk, and tells me that he finally found some stuff I'd been asking for, so I can stop complaining...he hands me a small stack of cards...I'm not overly impressed...a couple beat up t206s (no one big), some PC base, etc

I get to the very bottom of the stack and almost drop everything...

A Historic Autographs Pride of the Yankees Babe Ruth cut signature (PSA/DNA certified of course). Needless to say I almost dropped the stack!

And his price...3500.

I tried trading him my car...but apparently he wasn't interested in a Saturn ion lol

Looks like I'll have to try and sell my collection now lol
Hey Justin,

There must be something that you can do to ADD the Ruth to your Amazing vintage collection without having to sell it.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Tough decision. Try to negotiate some kind of monthly payments with a little more added to the price. There has to be some way to work a deal, specially if you are a loyal customer.

(03-09-2014, 08:50 AM)franciscomarina Wrote: Tough decision. Try to negotiate some kind of monthly payments with a little more added to the price. There has to be some way to work a deal, specially if you are a loyal customer.
+1

Its seems you have a good repore with your LCS. Id set something up with him make have it paid off in 6 months or so. Good luck bro

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(03-09-2014, 09:05 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: +1

Its seems you have a good repore with your LCS. Id set something up with him make have it paid off in 6 months or so. Good luck bro
Normally that's what I'd do, but with getting married on the 24th, moving by the end of the month, and starting a new job this week, it's just really not in the cards

Don't sell your collection! If you have a great rapport with them, Offer to work for them to pay off the card ... Sort their cards, organize their cards, price out and grade/evaluate cards for them.

Once (a loooooong time ago ... When I was a poor chiropractic student) I was faced with a similar situation. The shop where I bought my comics came up with a 1940s copy of Captain America #2 signed by Jack Kirby. (Rare and expensive .... About $1200 then ... About $10K today ... I either had to sell everything I owned, or traded in everything I had of value, or .... I offered my services to them at a discount rate .... Worked at their store, gave them valuable time off, left their shop in my capable hands on Sundays, Saturdays, Friday nights ... Any time I had free. The book cost me nothing except time and effort. (Keep in mind, I knew them for about 5 years prior, was as knowledgeable about the field as possible, helped them in the past evaluating collections and grading books, I knew most of their customers, etc, etc) and I even continued to do freelance work for them after the book was in my collection.

Funny (?) side story .... One day the shop was broken into during my tenure there and they happened to steal a stack of books that were kept in the showcase (during the time I was working off the book, I had them display it with an insane price tag and if they could sell it before I owned it, so be it, we'd split the difference) including my book! So, my prized book was now in the hands of some thief, never to be seen again!! It just so happens, luck was on my side. It was very lucky indeed that my sister was working part time in a rival comic shop in another part of town and this thief came in to try and sell some (stolen) books to them. She instantly recognized " my book " in the stack and told the thief/collector that she would need to call the owner and arrange a meeting. She called me, I called my shop owner, the local law enforcement set up a 'sting' and the thief was arrested and jailed. My book was held as evidence and was even written up in the newspapers. It was returned to the shop about 3 months later, and by that time, I had already paid off my now famous book.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-09-2014, 10:16 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: getting married on the 24th
Congratulations on getting married!! LOOK on the bright side bud. You're not losing a Ruth, your gaining a bride!! I'd give up my WHOLE entire Nolan Ryan collection to have a women in my life!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(03-09-2014, 10:27 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Congratulations on getting married!! LOOK on the bright side bud. You're not losing a Ruth, your gaining a bride!! I'd give up my WHOLE entire Nolan Ryan collection to have a women in my life!!
...Ruth's a better investment...lol