`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Got my 1993 Jeter Rookie project off and running!!!

Got my 1993 Jeter Rookie project off and running!!!
Last year I mentioned I was going to start a 1993 Derek Jeter Rookie PSA 9 and or BGS 9 collection. Welp Thursday night I won this Jeter short print rookie. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351011177054?ssP...1439.l2649

Can't wait to get it.

RE: Got my 1993 Jeter Rookie project off and running!!!
I might have a few for you that are doubles
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

That would be great if you had some that you would be willing to move. I pretty much need them all...LOL. But with Jeter retiring I figured I better get on it. Plus I have a couple months til the 2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Autographs grab all of my attention and money. Which ones do you have? And what would you want for them? Trade and or paypal.

Thanks Chad
(03-08-2014, 08:13 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I might have a few for you that are doubles

(03-08-2014, 08:41 PM)joba the clark Wrote: That would be great if you had some that you would be willing to move. I pretty much need them all...LOL. But with Jeter retiring I figured I better get on it. Plus I have a couple months til the 2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Autographs grab all of my attention and money. Which ones do you have? And what would you want for them? Trade and or paypal.

Thanks Chad
Thats what i am doing lol i' am grabbing what Jeters i can lol
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]
Question 
Its a smart play to get as many of his rookies as possible. They are only going to become more valuable as time goes on.
(03-09-2014, 01:50 AM)yankeeempire Wrote: Thats what i am doing lol i' am grabbing what Jeters i can lol

(03-08-2014, 03:22 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Last year I mentioned I was going to start a 1993 Derek Jeter Rookie PSA 9 and or BGS 9 collection. Welp Thursday night I won this Jeter short print rookie. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351011177054?ssP...1439.l2649

Can't wait to get it.
I'm not a Yankees fan nor am I a Yankees hater, but I do like Jeter.

Quick DJ Rookie card story for those who are interested...

I was born in 1978, the first two baseball cards I remember owning as a child (I still have them today) are a 1984 Fleer #412 Carl Yastrzemski that I had taped to one of my sticker books (card still has the tape mark on the back) and 1981 Topps #404 - Phillies Win 1st World Series with Tug McGraw jumping up and down. I collected cards throughout the mid 80's, but 1987 to 1992 I was full-on into collecting. I remember the day in March of 1988 when I received a cello pack of 1988 Topps for my birthday, and at that moment is when I realized collecting cards was something I really, really liked to do. I grew up in a rural part of Southern New Jersey and did not have a LCS until about 1989/1990. (I would get my wax -baseball, football, hockey, garbage pail kids at the local general store before the LCS came along). I was a huge Nolan Ryan fan and quite the collection of his cards (mostly mid-1970's to early 1990's).

Okay, I'm getting side tracked here.. so I must have bought some cards in 1993, but not much. In the garage at my dad's house is where I've stored two 5,000ct? boxes and a few other smaller boxes of cards for close to 20 years. Sometime around 1999/2000 I sold most of my "hard case cards" AKA cards kept in top loaders (including my Nolan Ryan collection) to purchase a surfboard and a guitar. Then around 2001 I thought about getting back into collecting and bought a box of 2001 Topps wax (what a crap design haha). Last spring I moved in with my gf and her two sons ages 6 &8 and got the jones to collect cards again and try to get them interested (To say I was surprised at what card collecting had become is an understatement.) I built myself a set of Heritage and then Archives.. then slowly I started to pick up cards that I had sold and whenever I visited my dad I'd look through the attic or the garage at the cards I had stored away..

Well here is where Jeter comes in.. While going through one of the 5000 count boxes last August, I came across a perfectly mint 1993 Score Jeter RC. I have no clue how this card remained in such good shape after being in a commons box, on a shelf in the garage all year for 20 years.. I do not own or have had any of my cards graded, but this card is in too good of condition for me to not have it slabbed. I have thought of throwing it up on eBay, but for whatever reason I can't seem to pull the trigger and get rid of it. It's a throwback of sorts, I guess, even though I didn't know I had the card to begin with.

I apologize for getting a little off track. Enjoy your collection and best of luck making it complete.

Jh

Good luck. I started stashing away Jeters last year when I got back into card collecting. I just looked up my 1993 Topps Gold #93 Derek Jeter RC and if it were to grade a 9.5 it would be worth $500!!!! I wonder if I should get it graded? Here's the base card I have:

[Image: 009_zpsf9a48265.jpg]
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!