`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1990 Marvel Universe set value question...

1990 Marvel Universe set value question...
Hey guys, I have a value question for this awesome set. I was able to finish 2 complete sets of 1990 Impel Marvel Universe, both with the 5-card hologram set back in 1990. However, what makes them both unique is that the second to last card, the Stan Lee "Mr. Marvel" card, is autographed by Stan the man himself. I was fortunate enough to get his autograph in person at a comic-con a few years back. I'm not looking to sell either set, but I was looking for a rough estimate of what they could be worth. Neither Stan Lee auto is "certified" with a COA, but I am in the process of getting them both certified through JSA. I was thinking maybe in $100-120 range. Thanks in advance guys!

RE: 1990 Marvel Universe set value question...
I am no expert, but I did a quick search online and don't see his certified autograph going for over $100 right now, but these things are cyclical. Get them graded, slabbed, and preserved, and then just enjoy them. Heck, I'd get both sets graded for a whole display, and with two sets you have double the chance of hitting high marks. Good luck!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

RE: 1990 Marvel Universe set value question...
(03-11-2014, 11:09 AM)jonathani Wrote: I am no expert, but I did a quick search online and don't see his certified autograph going for over $100 right now, but these things are cyclical. Get them graded, slabbed, and preserved, and then just enjoy them. Heck, I'd get both sets graded for a whole display, and with two sets you have double the chance of hitting high marks. Good luck!
Thank you for the input! I was thinking pretty much the same thing. That would be a cool set to have graded, thanks for the ideas!!