`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Things We've Been Working On!

Some Things We've Been Working On!
Since getting back into the hobby, my girlfriend and I have been scooping up Peavy, Sale, Buchholz, and Pedroia cards and some of our projects are close to completion!

For starters, I just received the 2013 Topps Chrome Jake Peavy Superfractor for our chrome rainbow.
[Image: IMG_0625_zps5a9a634e.jpg]
All we need for this one are the more common colored refractors from blue up and the printing plates. If anyone has these, I will trade or buy very well in your favor.

Just a few days ago we found a 2013 Update Sapphire and are near completion of the Jake Peavy Update set:
[Image: IMG_0632_zps841fc483.jpg]
All that we need for this one are the plates, platinum 1/1, and Boston Strong version. Same as above, anyone that has these let me know.

We are also looking for the 2013 Topps Five Star Jumbo Relics Chris Sale 1/1, /25, and /30 and the 2013 Topps Triple Threads Unity Relics Jake Peavy #TTUJR-JP1 /3 and /9.
[Image: IMG_0630_zpsfc141e19.jpg]

I know this isn't the trade section, but any leads on these cards would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Some Things We've Been Working On!
Awesome stuff...Congrats & thanks for sharing. Can't help you out with your needs but I'll be on the look out. I love rainbow collecting and those sapphires from 2014 TSU are great looking cards in person. Good luck
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Congrats on getting his super! I need Aaron Hill's super to complete my 2013 Bowman Chrome Rainbow
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I think the thing that always interested me more than the cards is the reason behind them. What motivated you to start collecting these players? I used to collect Pedroia a few years back. Not only is he on my favorite team, but he's my favorite type of player. Balls to the wall and all out.....

Loving the Sale's, my favorite pitcher in all of baseball!

(03-06-2014, 09:30 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I think the thing that always interested me more than the cards is the reason behind them. What motivated you to start collecting these players? I used to collect Pedroia a few years back. Not only is he on my favorite team, but he's my favorite type of player. Balls to the wall and all out.....
That's a really good question. I've been a White Sox fan my entire life and my girlfriend has been a Red Sox fan her whole life. I've been a Peavy fan since he was picked up by the White Sox and always enjoyed watching how fired up he would get on the mound. Plus, he seems like a great guy off the field too. There was a lot of ribbing around the house when he got traded to the Red Sox and part of this ribbing included gifts of baseball cards and a Peavy Red Sox shirt. It actually became somewhat of a race as I tried to pick up 2013 Peavy White Sox cards and she tried to pick up Red Sox cards!

I've always been a bit partial to pitchers, so that and being a White Sox fan makes Chris Sale highly collectable for me. Plus, if the Sox could start giving him some run support, a Cy Young could be coming soon!

The SO has a soft spot for Boston's home grown talent, so that's where the Pedroia and Buchholz collections started.

On another note, how do you guys typically display your rainbows? I'd like to frame them for my cave, but not really sure how I want to do it yet. Anyone have any good examples?