`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Does Anyone Grade Anything Other than Chrome or Contenders?

RE: Does Anyone Grade Anything Other than Chrome or Contenders?
(03-07-2014, 07:40 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: thanks so much Mel!
i have been extremely lucky grade wise,..Wendy helped out tremendously with the set,the grading and the lettering on the labels..50 spaces is what we get i think...
but the labels really make it feel like my set..feels like the work in this was worth it..I love them..
that Frosh Fabric 1/1 set you have would look Soooo freekin good in these with a Mel Clark Set on them up top.......
yea.

lol....no kidding bro. the 25-30 thing is rough on me but well worth it..i am just too impatient to do only 10 at a time...
i would grade every card i own if i could also...if i won the lottery....in a blink of an eye...
Smile

Every time I look at that set I just stare in awe for about 10 minutes, shake my head and blink my eyes really quick and then stare again lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I have more Elite than any other one brand, but I grade everything NYG's. Not many Contenders though.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

I grade any of my Wards rookies that I feel will get a 9 or better, any nice auto or GU of his I will get graded as well. As far as other cards I tend to grade any that looks like at least a 9.5 or something special for my PC.
Today, I dropped off my Walter Payton RC ( hoping for at least a 8.5 on it ) along with 7 Wards and 2 baseball cards at the Philly show.
(03-07-2014, 08:31 PM)branesergen Wrote: Every time I look at that set I just stare in awe for about 10 minutes, shake my head and blink my eyes really quick and then stare again lol
So Danny, its like when everyone looks at your latest mailday or submission post...LOL. Always incredible stuff you have.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

(03-07-2014, 07:40 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: thanks so much Mel!
i have been extremely lucky grade wise,..Wendy helped out tremendously with the set,the grading and the lettering on the labels..50 spaces is what we get i think...
but the labels really make it feel like my set..feels like the work in this was worth it..I love them..
that Frosh Fabric 1/1 set you have would look Soooo freekin good in these with a Mel Clark Set on them up top.......
yea.

lol....no kidding bro. the 25-30 thing is rough on me but well worth it..i am just too impatient to do only 10 at a time...
i would grade every card i own if i could also...if i won the lottery....in a blink of an eye...
Smile
Might I ask what the cost is for doing the custom labels? I'm assuming there's a charge for exchanging the case as well? I might start sending some older sets in as well.

Note: And with this post, I just joined the ranks of the Senior Members club!

3 bucks per.. 10 minimum..
http://www.beckett.com/grading/pedigree_personalized
but i swear Wendy gets mine for 2 bucks in her group submissions....You might want to Buzz her and get some more info on that Mel....she is a Grading Wiz
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I submitted 13 cards on Feb 19th and pretty sure there is no contenders or chrome. Smile
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

I send off anything under the sun if I want it slabbed and think it can yield a PSA 8.5 or better. It is fun to slab cards even though some people call it a sham. Everyone has their own opinion on it. I know it is not 100% honest but I think it holds some merit.

I grade the majority of my mid-high end in all of my many pc's.. Eventually I'd love to have all my Fred Taylor autos and National Treasures tags and stuff slabbed. Where I really differ in my collections though is that I usually end up selling the 9.5s (minus Taylors) and downgrading to the same card in a 9 grade and some extras lol. I don't need the sharpest card as long as it has great eye appeal.