`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: How do you rate Panini's effort with Donruss?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love it, had a lot of fun opening the packs.
43.75%
7 43.75%
It's ok, I might make the set.
43.75%
7 43.75%
I hate it, worst idea Panini has had.
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Box 1 Panini Donruss

Box 1 Panini Donruss
Well, my 2 boxes of Donruss and my 1 box of 2013 Topps Tribute came today. I have opened the first box of Donruss and I will admit, while I didn't pull anyone that was a top dollar card, I had a lot of fun opening the packs. This is the first box I can say I really had a lot of fun opening the packs for a long, long time. My box topper was Paul Goldschmidt Diamond Kings. I got 1 redemption autograph of Billy Hunter and 1 sticker auto of Jay Buhner. My relic card is a jersey cad of Matt Moore. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed and like the Elite Series cards and the Diamond Kings. I think I will make sets of them and maybe go back to the original Donruss and do the same. I also am going to make the Hallworthy insert set and I'm debating on the Elite Dominators set. I'll keep updating throughout the day on the second box of Donruss and my box of 2013 Tribute. I really feel Panini has a winner with Donruss, so I'm going to attach a poll, see how the rest of you feel about it.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Box 1 Panini Donruss
I need an option for "I have nothing against the set, but hate baseball products from Panini and refuse to buy/trade for them because they are unlicensed."

I 1000% agree with Joe. If you like getting whatever, keep getting what you like. I only go Topps and Bowman for right now. All Panini's products look cheap without the team logos. Until they get their license I'm staying away, but that's me. I also don't like how EEE is flooded with autos in an obvious attempt to make the product more attractive. Until they can secure an MLB license they should just stick with football and basketball.
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

Well, I guess the correct poll answer for you guys is number 3. I'm glad we can all voice our opinions here.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I think I am going to love the stuff. I like the panini products! Can't wait to open the donruss boxes.

Voted Option 2 for "It's okay", but I am definitely not making the set.

I'm a huge Panini supporter and busted a ton of pinnacle/prizm/select and had a blast doing it, but I was never motivated to go after the sets (even though I could have completed them, I'm sure)... After busting a box of donruss yesterday, I'm in the same boat. Something about random retired vets/HOF'ers being inserted into the base sets with no rhyme or reason bothers me... At least with Select they made them SP's so they weren't so common.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I haven't bought any yet, but I looked through some at my LCS. I liked a lot of the inserts and parallels but thought the base cards could use a LOT of work. I think I will stick to the other Panini products, I really like almost all of them including Pinnacle.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

nice cards but i cant get past the no logos. they just look silly, its not paninis fault, it is mlb. my lcs owner doesnt carry unlicensed products in any sport. he said they will maybe hold 1/3 of their value in the long run.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(03-05-2014, 07:32 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: nice cards but i cant get past the no logos. they just look silly, its not paninis fault, it is mlb. my lcs owner doesnt carry unlicensed products in any sport. he said they will maybe hold 1/3 of their value in the long run.
Hey buddy, I sent you a trade offer!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Just busted a box and had a lot of fun with it. Yea, the no logo thing is annoying but as time goes on I'm kinda getting used to it. My feeling is if I like the card and the player than it doesn't really bother me. Again, though, I did really enjoy the break. Like the retro inserts that I loved as a kid!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics