`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much will this affect the value ?

how much will this affect the value ?
damage on the bottom left corner on the back. Far as I can tell it doesn't go all the way through.

My question is for such a low print run how much does it affect the value compared to a relatively mint one ?

[Image: image_zps4bccd3b0.jpg]

RE: how much will this affect the value ?
Even though there's only 5 made, that's a fairly dinged corner. I would probably say a third at least. Just my opinion.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

thanks grading is obviously out. Any chance Topps would replace it with another card of equal value as obviously they can't replace it with the exact same card ?

I would ask for a replacement.

Maybe they'd send you a low numbered auto of the same player.

Anyone know the process for asking for a replacement ?

Only info I found states that the card must be from the current year which it isn't being a 2013 card and it also states you need a copy of the receipt and upc which I don't have since it was purchased second hand.

I'm in it for around $15-$20 and undamaged versions of the card have sold for around $50 on ebay back in January. I feel that is a little low and due to off season lack of interest though. Even though it's a pretty good ding like I said it doesn't go all the way through so the front which is the most important side looks perfect. I was thinking you could knock off 25-50 % the value of a mint version being such a low numbered rookie of a top name rookie.

You can't get a replacement unless you pulled it. You have to send receipt and upc.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(03-05-2014, 08:55 AM)glassnickels Wrote: You can't get a replacement unless you pulled it. You have to send receipt and upc.
It would be pretty easy to go buy a single pack of the same set of cards and just say that this card was pulled from that pack. Sure it would be a lie, but Topps wouldn't be able to prove it. As for a replacement, sometimes they actually can replace the exact same card (even though it is #'d to 5). It just depends on if they kept any unnumbered versions to use as replacements. I had this happen before, where they asked me to send the card back and when I got the new card it had the same serial number as the old card (and they even included the cutout serial number from the old card, to show that they did indeed destroy the damaged card). This wasn't Topps though, so I am not sure what they do for serial numbered cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/