Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Registry Awards & Recognition
06-09-2015, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 09:37 PM by altz11.)
RE: Registry Awards & Recognition
I recently received an email about Beckett possibly starting up a fantasy sports league. I did a survey for them and I told them basically they should concentrate on things like the registry (among other things) before starting new projects.
Did anyone else get the survey email about the fantasy league?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 10:48 PM
I might have, but didn't fill it out. I really feel Beckett doesn't care if the registry gets fixed or not. I think they feel it won't make them any more money, but a fantasy league would. I might as well sell my BGS cards, no sense keeping them without a good custom registry set.

[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]
06-12-2015, 11:39 AM
(06-09-2015 09:37 PM)altz11 Wrote:  I recently received an email about Beckett possibly starting up a fantasy sports league. I did a survey for them and I told them basically they should concentrate on things like the registry (among other things) before starting new projects.
Did anyone else get the survey email about the fantasy league?

I responded the exact same way. Fantasy is just another misguided project, which is what they should find out through the survey. They would only be about 10 -20 years behind the Fantasy market. Same on auctions. A few weeks back I sifted through one of the auctions and it was filled with autos certified by Global Authentics, whose reputation and history is less than stellar. I won't look at Beckett auctions again.

Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos
06-12-2015, 05:21 PM
(06-12-2015 11:39 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote:  I responded the exact same way. Fantasy is just another misguided project, which is what they should find out through the survey. They would only be about 10 -20 years behind the Fantasy market. Same on auctions. A few weeks back I sifted through one of the auctions and it was filled with autos certified by Global Authentics, whose reputation and history is less than stellar. I won't look at Beckett auctions again.

1st I didn't get the Fantasy survey. They must know wherew I stand.

2nd I only l@@k for Nolan Ryan BGS Graded cards, so I didn't notice about the autos.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!